Av-Gas 100LL in NTX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Av-Gas 100LL in NTX?

Anyone know where to buy 100LL fuel that doesn't require you own an airplane? I'm in Decatur and the Denton Airport said they wont sell to the public.

That must be some new thing. I used to buy avgas at the Aransas Pass air port, when I was a teenager, back in the 80s. Used to go fill my Mach up regularly over there.

Then in San Antonio, off of Nakoma Rd. in San Antonio, there is a Shell station or used to be a Shell station, that was or is across 281 from San Antonio air port. They used to have a pump way down the hill, away from the other pumps, that was avgas. You would always see some type of high hp car coming from that station or going to it, putting out some sweet smelling exhaust.

I would think a small airport would not care one way or another, what you did with the fuel. More so, if you just drove up with a few gas cans. It would not surprise me, if our **** government did not come up with some law making it illegal to sell avgas for use in cars. Every time they figure out what we really use things for they come up with laws to make those things illegal. When most of them are guilty of some very serious crimes, and they just keep on going stealing from us and helping each other stay out of jail. While making everything we do illegal. F them.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      That must be some new thing. I used to buy avgas at the Aransas Pass air port, when I was a teenager, back in the 80s. Used to go fill my Mach up regularly over there.

Then in San Antonio, off of Nakoma Rd. in San Antonio, there is a Shell station or used to be a Shell station, that was or is across 281 from San Antonio air port. They used to have a pump way down the hill, away from the other pumps, that was avgas. You would always see some type of high hp car coming from that station or going to it, putting out some sweet smelling exhaust.

I would think a small airport would not care one way or another, what you did with the fuel. More so, if you just drove up with a few gas cans. It would not surprise me, if our **** government did not come up with some law making it illegal to sell avgas for use in cars. Every time they figure out what we really use things for they come up with laws to make those things illegal. When most of them are guilty of some very serious crimes, and they just keep on going stealing from us and helping each other stay out of jail. While making everything we do illegal. F them.
      Yeah I don't think any of them will let you fill your vehicle tank anymore because it's not taxed the same. Like Farm Diesel doesn't have highway taxes etc.
      Trying to find a place that will let me fill gas cans or a fuel drum.

Comment

It's illegal and the FAA audit fuel records annually at public airports

Comment

County airport, CC pump same as regular pump , I don’t use in my vehicle only 5 gallon tanks

Boerne also has a VP fuel stop , that sells it by the 5 gallon metal cans
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-05-2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Not sure what you need for fuel, or how much, how often, then what you are willing to pay, but VP has a lot of different fuels.

I think they make fuels with 98 octane up. Actually the last time I saw a VP fuel brochure, they listed a bunch of new fuels I have never heard of. Since VP is located in San Antonio, in San Antonio and some surrounding towns, they have bought up some gas stations. At most of those stations, they have cages outside, like propane bottle cages. That have various VP fuels in them. You pay for them inside and they go unlock the cage and give a 5 gallon can, of fuel.

A 5 gallon can of C14 or C16 now days is right around $100, or was as of last year. I was told last year, that VP was going to go up 92% or 94% over last years prices, by the end of this year. Those numbers were based off of what they were told gasoline prices would be this year. I would bet C16 is well over $100 for a 5 gallon can now. We knew last year, that regular pump fuel prices were going to go up a lot this year. Because of the info that was leaked by VP.

When I was last racing my coupe, back in 2008, I was buying 55 gallon drums of MS 109, for $4.25 a gallon. Not going to find any for those prices today.

Back to the VP gas stations, some of them, the one I know of in Cibolo on FM 1103, did or does sell either a 104 or 108 octane fuel, at the pumps. They don't list it as a VP fuel type, just the octane rating. Then I don't remember if they listed if it is a leaded or unleaded fuel. I would bet, that it would be either MS 103, if it was around 104 octane, or MS 109, if it is a 108 octane fuel. Those are both unleaded race fuels. I suspect that they may not sell that high octane fuel at the pump anymore, because the track closed down. I know they selling that fuel, at the pump, because of the location of that station, in relation to the track. Now that the track is gone, I would bet they don't sell that fuel there anymore.

It's pretty obvious the government is trying to make owning and playing with high hp cars, only a rich boy's game. Tax the hell out of us, then steal a lot of that money, then they can do whatever they want, don't matter the cost. They don't have to work for their money, just steal ours.
            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-05-2022, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
              Anyone know where to buy 100LL fuel that doesn't require you own an airplane? I'm in Decatur and the Denton Airport said they wont sell to the public.
              I’m in the same boat. I’m trying to find a small airport that will let me get 20 gals Of 100 ll fuel for my 65 roadster. Good luck.

Comment

Go south toward Boyd and get some VP racing fuel from Cliff Piper at Piper Performance. He is half way between Decatur and Boyd east side of road on 730. I have bought 30 gal drums from him in the past.

Comment

Sunoco in Cresson on hwy 377 has VP fuel at the pump. Or they used to. filled my harley there a few times.

Comment

The cheapest VP on their website is like $20 a gallon.
                    100LL is like $6

Comment

Guess I'm lucky because my local airport lets me fill either 5 gallon jugs or my airboat at the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Guess I'm lucky because my local airport lets me fill either 5 gallon jugs or my airboat at the pump.
                        Yeah I'd like to fill my 55gal drum if I can find a place that will sell it to me

Comment

Yeah I'd like to fill my 55gal drum if I can find a place that will sell it to me
                          I'm waiting for them to bust me, the pump required you to enter a tail # so I looked around and the only tail number I could read was on an old broken down plane with no engine and 3 flats. That broke down POS has burned a lot of fuel this summer to not have an engine

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            I'm waiting for them to bust me, the pump required you to enter a tail # so I looked around and the only tail number I could read was on an old broken down plane with no engine and 3 flats. That broke down POS has burned a lot of fuel this summer to not have an engine

I think the only logical way to proceed would be to paint that tail number on the steering “fins“ on your airboat… Just because it seems like a smartass thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll take some gas cans to the airport and get some if y’all want to come pick it
                              Up

Comment

Working...
                              X