Shingles III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shingles III

Post herpetic neuralgia has set in. I’m ok during the day. Last night was horrible, again. The pain is on my right side. You can’t get comfortable. I got up and took ibuprofen then got up again at three and took lyrica. That reduced it to a slow burn. I’ve watched videos that stated that I now have permanent nerve damage. I can’t imagine living with this the rest of my life.
    Is anyone else dealing with this? If so how are you coping with it? 30 days in now.

Need some input people on pain remediation!

Comment

CBD. Hope it helps.

Comment

Read my posts, might see something that helps.

Comment

I have had mine in my left arm and hand for almost 2 years. Now I am getting a rash on both legs below the knee. I have tried all the meds, Progabalon is the only help I get. Codine didn't work!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            I have had mine in my left arm and hand for almost 2 years. Now I am getting a rash on both legs below the knee. I have tried all the meds, Progabalon is the only help I get. Codine didn't work!
            I'm serious and not joking. Have you tried ivermectin and zinc? If I had pain and was at my wits end, I would definitely try something that was safe.

Comment

Wife said shingles does not cross “the midline” Falcon. She’s been an ER nurse for 17 years and has a masters in Family Medicine. It’s been my experience that she is usually right. Could that be some kind of arthritis that manifest as a rash? Saw that on the idiot box.

Comment

I took Liryca for mine. Still have a dead zone near my arm pit. But it did eventually stop hurting. Just takes time. Every thing else healed up. Every now and then, I'll get a little twitch or itch in the dead zone. But nothing I can't live with.

Edit: Course, I've got dead zones (nerve damage) from having surgeries too. Including one that affected my left sciatic. But that one is a relief, now !
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-30-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I had shingles once and that was enough. I go the vaccine and knock on wood I haven't gotten it again.

Mine was from the center of my back around to my belly button and hurt like hell. Doctor gave me some anti virus medication, I'm sorry I don't remember the name of it and some Vicodin that allowed me some sleep.

Comment

I have recently gotten over shingles. My scabs are gone but I have scars. I still have nerve pain from time to time, but nothing like it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for the discomfort. Prayers up.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I took Liryca for mine. Still have a dead zone near my arm pit. But it did eventually stop hurting. Just takes time. Every thing else healed up. Every now and then, I'll get a little twitch or itch in the dead zone. But nothing I can't live with.

Edit: Course, I've got dead zones (nerve damage) from having surgeries too. Including one that affected my left sciatic. But that one is a relief, now !
                        Ok. As long as it eventually stops. I’m exhausted I’m the morning. I got a 27 year old special needs son to look after as well so he keeps me going.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                          I had shingles once and that was enough. I go the vaccine and knock on wood I haven't gotten it again.

Mine was from the center of my back around to my belly button and hurt like hell. Doctor gave me some anti virus medication, I'm sorry I don't remember the name of it and some Vicodin that allowed me some sleep.
                          Me exactly. Right side belly button around to center of back. I still can’t figure out why it gives me more trouble at night.

Comment

My sis-in-law had it as bad as anyone I’ve ever seen. Lord, she suffered. She’s not completely over it yet, and now walks with a slight limp. I don’t know what meds she took but I do know that most of them did little good.

Comment

Now I’m concerned about getting the two stage vaccine after I heal from this. I would be up crits sheek without a paddle if I get hit again.

Comment

Working...
                              X