Ballistic Calculator App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballistic Calculator App

I’m looking for a ballistic calculator app to put on my IPhone, just wondering what some of y’all use and what you like about it? I know if its a good one, you have to pay for the app, not worried about that.
    Thanks for your help.

I use Ballistic AE. I've used Strelok before as well but I prefer the Ballistic AE for ease of use but that's just me. They are a decent tool to cut some of the guesswork out and, coupled with a Kestrel, can help with wind calls, altitude changes, coriolis and spin drift (you gotta get out there a ways to need those numbers) but they aren't the end-all for just dialing in and shooting. Knowing your actuals on your gun is the main thing and validating that at known ranges. There may be some new ones out now that are good as well so I'm sure some of the fellas here can give some better recommendations.

Comment

I like the Ballistic Advanced Edition, but have not tried any of the other phone apps. I use JBM Ballistics at my desk and these two match up fairly well with regards to dope results.

Comment

This was recommended to me by one of the gun builders. It’s easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use this one cause I'm cheap and it was free!

Comment

Applied Ballistics or Strelok. But they all are close, not perfect.

Comment

Anyone tried the free Lapua app?

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Nixon has an app called Spot On which is for their scopes. I have the P-308 on my AR 308. Put all the data in and it tells the range for the dots in the scope. I range the hogs and look at the data, really not fair.

Comment

BallisticsARC is the best app by far.

Comment

Working...
                    X