2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

Hung out with the family in surfside did some walk in wade fishing at San Luis pass and a kayak launch spot. Ended up getting a Nevis flounder and red. Lost a few more good flounder.

Tried fishing the surf for some sharks but kept getting gaftop…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Way to go Chris! At least you got the line pulled!

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
      Ran into a dinosaur on Bolivar.
      How big was that dinosaur????

Comment

Thanks guys, I couldn’t tell you how big it was. We took the golf cart down to the beach with two spinning rods and some fish bites. We caught a 10” croaker on fish bites and turned it into this. We did not have surf rods, this was a 30 minute fight. Guessing he was upper 40’s on length? Does 50” sound ridiculous? I kept saying he’s gotta be 50” but that seems unrealistic. We’re trout fisherman, didn’t really even know what to do with ourselves. All I know is we drank beers in a hurry after pics were taken and the fish swam away successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
          Thanks guys, I couldn’t tell you how big it was. We took the golf cart down to the beach with two spinning rods and some fish bites. We caught a 10” croaker on fish bites and turned it into this. We did not have surf rods, this was a 30 minute fight. Guessing he was upper 40’s on length? Does 50” sound ridiculous? I kept saying he’s gotta be 50” but that seems unrealistic. We’re trout fisherman, didn’t really even know what to do with ourselves. All I know is we drank beers in a hurry after pics were taken and the fish swam away successfully.

I would bet he was 45-52” easy.

Heck of a fish!

I dropped a 10” whiting this weekend past the 3rd bar on a 14/0 circle hook and all I had to show for was a 5lb gaftop! Good job

Comment

SPANKED.....THEIR.....BUTTS. yesterday. My son and I both caught our limit of reds yesterday plus we each caught one over the slot! Such a fun day on the water!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hung out with the family in surfside did some walk in wade fishing at San Luis pass and a kayak launch spot. Ended up getting a Nevis flounder and red. Lost a few more good flounder.

Tried fishing the surf for some sharks but kept getting gaftop…

What’s a Nevis flounder? Never heard of that?

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Made a trip to Matty with Capt Glenn for my son's birthday. A great day with the family & Glenn. Weak tidal movement made for a slow day & quick bite at daylight then it shutdown. Like always, Glenn worked his rear off to find fish. Even the croaker guides were coming in with bruised egos today. LOL!
                Ended up with 3 good reds & 5 nice size sandies.
                THANKS Again Glenn!! Lookin forward to the next one!

The promise of a new day!!

Birthday Boy with a good red!

Some Good Eating!

Looks awesome all the way around! Good work

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  What’s a Nevis flounder? Never heard of that?

Supposed to say nice dang phone!

Comment

Blackfin-Nice work!

Comment

That is a full grown red!

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        SPANKED.....THEIR.....BUTTS. yesterday. My son and I both caught our limit of reds yesterday plus we each caught one over the slot! Such a fun day on the water!
                        Congrats! Way to go!

Comment

I would bet he was 45-52” easy.

Heck of a fish!

I dropped a 10” whiting this weekend past the 3rd bar on a 14/0 circle hook and all I had to show for was a 5lb gaftop! Good job

Lmao yep been there done that. What a let down when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            Lmao yep been there done that. What a let down when it happens.

I had a whole bonita I was using chunks the size of my hands and them suckers would get it before I made it to shore again.

Comment

I'm near Eastern Shore of Virginia which means inlets and flounder. Actually some awesome fishing from big reds, huge black drum, cobia, giant sheepshead, speckled trout and of course rockfish and that's just the inshore stuff really is a fisherman's paradise if you got the time and the money.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MdStrutnRut View Post
                                I'm near Eastern Shore of Virginia which means inlets and flounder. Actually some awesome fishing from big reds, huge black drum, cobia, giant sheepshead, speckled trout and of course rockfish and that's just the inshore stuff really is a fisherman's paradise if you got the time and the money.
                                Very nice

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X