Day Laborers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
    180-200 apiece? And lunch too? Just to pull weeds? That ain’t hard labor. Offer them 75 maybe 80, and if they say no then look elsewhere. You’ll be using your gas too to haul them around……
    Lol I made 75 a day pulling weeds 25+ years ago as a young kid

Comment

When I day out to buddies we so construction. 250-300 a day I bring my own tools and drive myself but I come to work and usually already know what to do so I just fall in place

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
        In Denton and Collin counties they won’t work for less than $150 and lunch a day no matter how hungry they are.
        They usually get it too
        The guys in Frisco want $200 and lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang! Inflachun is a beech!

Last time I was up there about 15 years ago, they had some dude up there negotiating for them....like an agent. I guess they got tired of working for cheap and lunch or the "agent" saw a money making deal for himself where he maybe got a percentage of their pay. (That's just a wild guess.) I had used them before haven't since I saw Scotty Boras-ito up there running the show.... I'd rather pay the neighbors high school kids the money they were asking.
        Last edited by Smart; 07-24-2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

$125-150 a day where I'm at. And they earn it. Ol el Diablo (the brick dolly) puts it on them staging brick straps around the buildings. Had a young kid start a few weeks ago, it was hot hot. He worked 2 days pushing that dolly and shoveling mortar. Still haven't saw him for his 3rd day lol

Comment

In 1986 I worked on a horse farm for $2.50/ hour because farm work was exempt from minimum wage laws. The minimum wage in 1986 was $3.35 / hour, which equates to $8.55 in 2022 dollars.

I just offered 5 American born neighbors $10 / hour to help me clear a fence line and build a fence. They worked 10 hours yesterday, with a 3 hour break in the afternoon. We fed them lunch, too. When they left, I paid them in cash $150 each, so $15 / hour because I appreciated their efforts. They loved the work, were glad to have work, and were totally shocked I kicked in another $50. In fact, one tried to tell me I counted out the cash incorrectly and tried to give me my money back.

Comment

Where you at Ill come pull weeds for $200.00 a day plus lunch shooooooooooooo.

Comment

Man $150/day cash and lunch. Tempting

Comment

^^^^^ Take it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    In 1986 I worked on a horse farm for $2.50/ hour because farm work was exempt from minimum wage laws. The minimum wage in 1986 was $3.35 / hour, which equates to $8.55 in 2022 dollars.

I just offered 5 American born neighbors $10 / hour to help me clear a fence line and build a fence. They worked 10 hours yesterday, with a 3 hour break in the afternoon. We fed them lunch, too. When they left, I paid them in cash $150 each, so $15 / hour because I appreciated their efforts. They loved the work, were glad to have work, and were totally shocked I kicked in another $50. In fact, one tried to tell me I counted out the cash incorrectly and tried to give me my money back.
                    I bet they were pleased

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all realize this is unskilled labor? Anyone can pull a weed.

Comment

$200/day is ~$50K / year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                          I actually enjoy pulling weeds. The thought of getting payed to do it is interesting. I am pretty careful to determine what is a weed and what is not, and then I like to slowly and carefully pull the weed so you don't detach the base of the weed ( ex. yellow nutsedge) because then the weed will just pop back up in 3 days. I think I would be the best dam weed puller on that street corner.

Comment

Good luck with any type of day laborer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                              That's what one would think, until you get them out there .
                              I've hired them to dig some holes "16 around and 4ft deep on more than one occasion.
                              Digging a hole "16 around and 4ft deep is much more complicated than I ever realized, and it takes roughly 3hrs longer than it ever took me to dig one.

Comment

How many anthills in that flowerbed? $200 could be a great payday, or be the start of a week of hell dealing with those bites LOL

I am shocked PACE hasn't found this yet

Comment

Working...
                                X