Christensen Arms Ranger 22 MAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christensen Arms Ranger 22 MAG

Anyone seen one yet? Ive been looking for a nicer ranger/ tractor gun in 22 mag. I have 17HMRs already.

CA just sent out and email about a 250 rebate on the Ranger so i thought WTH might as well see if i can find one. But ive done some calling around with no luck so far.

Is the rebate for 22 LR as well?

Comment

Dang! I just bought a .22LR Christensen. I was waiting for the .22mag and would have preferred that. I may have to sell mine now.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
        Is the rebate for 22 LR as well?
        the 250$ rebate is for the 22's

There is also a combo rebate for a ranger and a mesa for like 400-450$ I believe

Comment

Are you guys having good luck with the ranger 22lr? I may have a bad one if yes never could get better then .75-1.25” at 50yd which sucks I think

Comment

They look cool and I like that they take 10/22mags. For a hunting fun or pasture gun they are great. But I rarely hear of one being a true tack driver.

Comment

Y’all should check out the Magnum Research .22 mag, it’s a tack driver

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                Y’all should check out the Magnum Research .22 mag, it’s a tack driver
                Yep wouldn’t mind one of those either.

Comment

If I was looking to spend $500-600 on a 22 Mag I’d go CZ 457 without a doubt. The Ranger is about the ugliest thing I’ve seen, and accuracy reports are that great. CZs shoot very well, and look good to boot. CA does win in the magazine category though. The 10/22 mag beats the CZ mag handily. The CZ is a better factory trigger as well, but the Ranger will take 700 pattern triggers. Just a couple other things to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    If I was looking to spend $500-600 on a 22 Mag I’d go CZ 457 without a doubt. The Ranger is about the ugliest thing I’ve seen, and accuracy reports are that great. CZs shoot very well, and look good to boot. CA does win in the magazine category though. The 10/22 mag beats the CZ mag handily. The CZ is a better factory trigger as well, but the Ranger will take 700 pattern triggers. Just a couple other things to consider.
                    This. The 457 is dang nice. Look at the Tikka T1X and the Bergara offerings too. The CA rifle is the worst action I’ve felt out of all of them. I wanted to like it. Couldn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      This. The 457 is dang nice. Look at the Tikka T1X and the Bergara offerings too. The CA rifle is the worst action I’ve felt out of all of them. I wanted to like it. Couldn’t.
                      Look at a CZ it’s probably the best bang for the dollar in that caliber. Don’t waste your money on anything begara.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
                        Look at a CZ it’s probably the best bang for the dollar in that caliber. Don’t waste your money on anything begara.
                        I have a 457 amongst others. What’s wrong with bergara?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
                          I’ve worked closely with Bergara in the past. I’ve shot multiples of their entire line of rifles (or at least the entire line at the time. A few new rifles since then.) and have bought a few as well. I’ve been shooting full blown customs since 2012 for my own rifles, and not just for for a Texas 100 yd deer hunt. Just about everyone of them (Bergaras) I stretched out to 1200 plus shot extensively at 100-300 yds. Having cases of free factory ammo to burn through with some of them. While I have seen a rare few Bergara rifles not shoot, I’ve never shot or handled one that didn’t. They don’t feel the best, but they feel plenty good for a $600-1000 rifle. They shoot even better. The few that don’t Bergara has taken care of promptly.

I’m still firmly on the CZ bus, but I won’t sneeze at Bergara. They’re still a solid rifle.

Comment

My ranger is a tack driver inside 75 yards. I have shot plenty of .22lr and this outshoots all of them.

Comment

I saw the Begara and was interested in it as well. Does CZ make a threaded option?

Its hard to find much of anything 22mag in stock to go look at.

Looks like CZ doesnt make a threaded 22 mag version exvept maybe a pencil barrel?

Would have to buy the wood stock varmint then have it threaded. I would rather buy something threaded with a synthetic stock.
                              Last edited by dclifton; 06-09-2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X