2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
    Alright alright alright, silver Eagle front row followed by team bovine. This should make for some interesting mid race battles. Anyone catch the tomfoolery in Q3? These teams, not just drivers, all have sharp elbows and I’m hoping for some aggressive racing!
    Did I some some extra slow time for a certain Mercedes leaving pit lane that caused Perez not to beat the clock out for his last attempt?

Comment

Wow......this gonna be another goodun!!!![emoji95][emoji964][emoji964][emoji964][emoji95]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
        Did I some some extra slow time for a certain Mercedes leaving pit lane that caused Perez not to beat the clock out for his last attempt?

There were defiantly some tactics at play in free practice and quali. Verstappen pulling out in from of Lewis in FP3 I think it was and then Lewis’ slow pace in Q3. I didn’t watch all of it but seems the games are in fell effect for the two teams.

Both drivers seem equally frustrated which is interesting. Verstappen is know to be a hot head sometimes but Lewis very rarely gets upset or shaken in interviews. Historically he’s been really good at getting in the heads of competitors.

Verstappen took his third motor after Q3 which means he’s got to go the balance of the season on this one.

Comment

One of those where you wish you’d made a bad start

Comment

Awesome for Ocon, good to see the spirit between him and Alonso. I think Alonso earned that driver of the day holding off Hamilton.

That turn one crash was pretty crazy. Hate it for Leclerc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only saw the last 17 laps but it was incredible. I read about the wreck but have not seen it yet.

Comment

2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                I only saw the last 17 laps but it was incredible. I read about the wreck but have not seen it yet.

Bottas takes 5 place grid penalty for the lap 1 wreck.

Huge win for Alpine! Great to see the two drivers celebrating. Williams takes their first points and Red Bull has to be so completely frustrated. My boy Gasley did well and grabbed the fastest lap so good on him, Tsunoda also had a very solid race.

Last edited by Wall_Hanger; 08-01-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I turned on the tube & missed the beginning...they were in the pits waiting for the rain to pass and/or crash clean up. Decided to take the dogs for a walk & will watch the replay this evening.

Comment

Hell of a race today. As one who cheers for Ferrari, it was a bad go for Leclerc to start the race. Lance Stroll caused that portion of the crash acting like he was driving a monster truck.

Bottas with a mistake that will cost him and shouldn’t have happened.

All in all, awesome race with action all the way through. When Hamilton had the mess up starting on wet tires while the rest of the grid pitted, I thought he was done for but there’s a reason he’s the best. Still came back and took podium. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                      Hell of a race today. As one who cheers for Ferrari, it was a bad go for Leclerc to start the race. Lance Stroll caused that portion of the crash acting like he was driving a monster truck.

Bottas with a mistake that will cost him and shouldn’t have happened.

All in all, awesome race with action all the way through. When Hamilton had the mess up starting on wet tires while the rest of the grid pitted, I thought he was done for but there’s a reason he’s the best. Still came back and took podium. Unreal.

No doubt he covered for a very stupid team mistake. I laughed out loud when he was on the radio bitching about Alonso on lap 63-65 when they were in the thick of it. I mean it’s pretty rich him saying Alonso driving defensively on a straight was overly dangerous. Even Niko had to chuckle about it. He’s dang fast though, best for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                        Bottas takes 5 place grid penalty for the lap 1 wreck.

Huge win for Alpine! Great to see the two drivers celebrating. Williams takes their first points and Red Bull has to be so completely frustrated. My boy Gasley did well and grabbed the fastest lap so good on him, Tsunoda also had a very solid race.

Oh crap!!! Bottas got a 5 grid penalty for Belgium??.. I read Stroll was dragging butt when everyone else was pedal to the medal.[emoji848] Yes, I was happy to see Gasly run a decent race and snatch that fastest lap. [emoji95][emoji964][emoji95]
                        Hamilton was in beast mode to even sniff a podium after that bad decision to stay on wets. My wife just read he is being treated for dizziness and exhaustion.......ot was obvious on the podium that he was not really himself. I was waiting for him to hurl on someone. G forces ain't no joke!!![emoji33]

Comment

Also, vettel's 2nd place may not hold due to not submitting an adequate fuel sample post race. [emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210801-145645_Google.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	24657684

Comment

Oh well......that did not turn out well![emoji3061]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210801-163001_Formula 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	24657698

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Oh well......that did not turn out well![emoji3061][ATTACH]1057474[/ATTACH]

Ouch… so does that put Sainz on the podium? Or do they leave the space vacant?

Comment

2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                                Ouch… so does that put Sainz on the podium? Or do they leave the space vacant?

Scarlett horse gets the podium. Sainz was on Instagram popping a bottle of champagne at dinner (unless it was an old picture for effect). Either way, P3 goes to him unless Vettel and Aston Martin’s appeal goes through. Read that the technical guru for AM said there was 1.4L left, F1 requires a 1 liter sample, and they were only able to pull .3L upon the finish. I guess that’s why he killed the car in the track.
                                Last edited by Wall_Hanger; 08-01-2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X