Best week in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best week in Kansas

If you had one week to hunt in SE Kansas (besides thanksgiving week), what week would you pick?

I've always had good luck the week before the full moon (when the moon is out in the afternoons) and the full moon this year will be 10/31/20. Since I can't predict the weather around then, I was thinking that week since the moon would be right??

I know you said besides Thanksgiving week, not sure if that excludes the week before and after Thanksgiving, but they are my two favorite weeks to be there. If they aren't an option if say the week before Thanksgiving week. I e been hunting Kansas for 17 years and Thanksgiving is the ticket for mature rutting bucks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

To me its the 3rd week in January, I think, when light and dark geese season is open and it's still duck season!

Comment

^^^ The reason I excluded Thanksgiving week is because I know I'll be up there then. Was trying to pick another week besides that one. I appreciate the info!

Comment

Week of Nov 10-15. Bank on it.

Comment

Not sure about your area specifically, but in south-central Kansas I’ve had my best luck Nov. 7-15. A friend who’s killed multiple Booners there tells me never to count on the biggest deer being daylight-active much before Nov. 10. Last year I hunted NE Kansas Nov. 21-25 and it was the worst overall movement I’ve ever seen in that state. In fact l, I saw WAY more deer in Saskatchewan the week prior. I’ve also seen it be really slow Thanksgiving week. Sometimes things drop off quickly after the peak.

With the moon set up as it is in 2020, if there’s decent hunting weather it could be awesome the first few days of November.

Comment

I am usually in the stand in Mcpherson Ks on the first or second week or so of November for the past 6 years. I usually try to hunt 4th - 9th and usually have great movement. See alot of deer chasing at this time. Just my experience. I use a decoy and the deer just suck right to it this time of year. Pic was 11/6/18
              Attached Files
              Last edited by WilliamL; 02-21-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Oct25-Nov25. My goal every year is to go twice in that window on extended weekend hunts

Comment

November 13-18 is my magic SE Kansas days

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                    ^^^ The reason I excluded Thanksgiving week is because I know I'll be up there then. Was trying to pick another week besides that one. I appreciate the info!
                    Save the extra trip going up there and go the week before Thanksgiving and then you will have two solid weeks of kick A55 hunting.

Comment

^^^ I wish I could but my work won't allow me to be gone for that long lol. Ive about decided on October 28 - November 8th and then go back on the 18th and stay til the 29th. Surely one of those weeks I can hit part of the rut.

Comment

You should be fine during that time frame.

Comment

I have tried from Early October all the way through Thanksgiving. In my experience the best time is the second full week. Nov 7-15ish is when I will continue to return. Good luck this fall!!

Comment

For 9 years straight I started my Nov. deer hunt in Kansas on the 7th. Was extremely successful using this start date as my go by. Best of luck to you this fall.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                              Week of Nov 10-15. Bank on it.
                              This ^. Over the years we found the week before and after the 12th works best for us.
                              We hunt eastern Kansas south of KC

Comment

Working...
                              X