West TX Mule Deer Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West TX Mule Deer Hunts

When I was young my Grandpa had a lease between Sanderson and Marathon. I used to go to his lease a couple times a year with him and loved it. The last few years I’ve been looking at trying to find a spot with some local guys that go each year, but no such luck on an opening . Ive been considering a guide service. Any of the green screen use any outfitters or have any recommendations? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try double diamond
    i spoke to the guy a month ago and he seems solid.

Comment

Whoever you use, get ready to pay $6K+. We are proud of our mule deer on private land here.

Comment

See if Rancho del Cielo still has any openings. Hunts usually run about $4,000 but it's an incredible place. 40,000 ac low fence....

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          try double diamond
          i spoke to the guy a month ago and he seems solid.
          Friends of mine had a bad experience with him....but I wasn’t there so who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
            Friends of mine had a bad experience with him....but I wasn’t there so who knows?

I met him at DSC last year and he was an *** hole to my wife and I. Acted like he was too good to talk to a young guy who most likely didn’t have the money to spend (he was wrong). Very bad first impression. He’ll never get my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are gonna spend 4-6K, go out of state.

Comment

Yep Nebraska Sandhills!!!

Comment

Big Texas muleys are expensive and usually have a waiting list to get in the gate.....good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                    Big Texas muleys are expensive and usually have a waiting list to get in the gate.....good luck!
                    This. Might be one of the more difficult hunts to find out there. Usually expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                      This. Might be one of the more difficult hunts to find out there. Usually expensive.
                      You are right and there's a reason. Not that many BIG muleys here regardless of what the internet says(its all relevant)

Comment

Thank yall for all the info. Hopefully I can line something out one of these days. I have some great memories spent with my Grandpa at his lease, and I look forward to making my way out there soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X