No announcement yet.

Filing taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will "test" some things, such as speed limits, but I don't knowingly fudge any on taxes.

If you have anything other than W2 and don't know your tax code a CPA is the best money you can spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      The IRS has a 2019 value for it, so it dang sure better be or I am sunk. I don’t think WHAT you can deduct changed, I think WHO can deduct changed. Previously W2 employees could claim un-reimbursed business expenses such as mileage, etc. They cannot any longer.

My taxes are going to be stupid complicated as I was w2 for 3 months, then 1099 for 9, and then w2 & 1099 simultaneously for 3 months.

I’m just making sure my tax pro is on his game
      Not as complex as your, but I'm in a similar boat. W2 for 6 months, 1099 for 6 months, and married last summer...

Comment

I gladly pay the $175 fee for my CPA and sleep better. You never know when you might get audited and need their services.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
          I gladly pay the $175 fee for my CPA and sleep better. You never know when you might get audited and need their services.

$175? That seems incredibly cheap for a CPA. I think ours is around $700. It’s worth asking what your audit protection is too. Just because a CPA files your taxes doesn’t mean they’re accurate as they can only go off the information you provide them. Our CPA charges her hourly rate for handling audits, no discount just because she’s the one who did our returns.

Comment

I have to use a CPA, and use him through out the year. I also use my Edward Jones guy for help. There is no way someone self employed or a business owner can keep up with the latest tax codes, things change every year.

The CPA I have now charges me more than the others but the peace of mind is well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
              $175? That seems incredibly cheap for a CPA. I think ours is around $700. It’s worth asking what your audit protection is too. Just because a CPA files your taxes doesn’t mean they’re accurate as they can only go off the information you provide them. Our CPA charges her hourly rate for handling audits, no discount just because she’s the one who did our returns.
              Same boat, $700 and ours aren’t too complicated, small hobby farm adds to prep costs but sure helps with liability!

Comment

You should call Dennis Celery.

Comment

Have you guys that are paying $350-$700 ever tried using Turbo Tax?

Comment

Originally posted by tejas View Post
                    You should call Dennis Celery.
                    He'll do an OK job...

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                    Have you guys that are paying $350-$700 ever tried using Turbo Tax?
                    Yes. And I've been using my CPA ever since.

Comment

Working...
                    X