No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody want to share which units might have some turkey on them at Aquilla? Lol thought i would give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Barefoot View Post
      Anybody want to share which units might have some turkey on them at Aquilla? Lol thought i would give it a shot.

They all could at any point in that lil lake. Run-n-gun, and you could cover just about the whole lake in a days time.

Comment

I had my permit mailed but a buddy is going up to the Whitney office wed to get his permit. Do they issue them on site or will they mail his too?

Comment

If he is turning in his paper work in person, they will prob give it to him on sight. If he mailed it in, then they will prob mail it back.

Comment

Do people skin and quarter their deer at the unit or are people just gutting and throwing in the back of there trucks

Comment

Both. If you do it there, please remove the discarded contents away from the parking area. It draws vermin and stinks the place up. It's hard enough to try to get people to keep from trashing the place up.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

W lake is slowly making it's way back up! It only 4.40 feet below normal now. And Grandbury is still releasing water, at a rate of just over 440cfs. I expect with the current rain we're gonna get over night, they will continue to release right up through the weekend!

A lake is doing very well. And is .74 feet above normal. I bet the crappies thinks they's about to have a big spawning party!

Comment

did anyone hunt out of a tree saddle this year? I thinking about picking one up. Seems smarter than taking out a stand if you can

Comment

That is one style of hunting I've never done. But I've got about everything else that could be used. (including 5 pop-ups for different camo and situations, down to one ladder stand, a climber, a couple of hang-ons with rapid rails, lots and lots of blind material, and some Camoflex limb-blind cover systems.)

Comment

This field trial in Bonham is taking forever. We were supposed to start at 10 then changed to 12 Im going to have to come back tomorrow for this derby.

Comment

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Originally posted by Barefoot View Post
                        did anyone hunt out of a tree saddle this year? I thinking about picking one up. Seems smarter than taking out a stand if you can

I checked one out at the show last year... I wasn’t a fan but it’s just preference. A guy I work with swears by his for Public land but I’m not sold on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody gonna catch fish this weekend? I'ma rigging on my boat electrical right now.

Comment

Tad windy yesterday, supposed to be worse today.

Get it wired up?

Comment

Not completely. Still got a little bit to go. Lots of other task to get done today too.

Comment

It was windy. We elected not to go up lake as I didn't want to fight the waves coming back. Hope next weekend is better. Fished mid lake but spent most of the time marking fish and structure.

Comment

Working...
                                X