New Ranch - Callahan Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ranch - Callahan Co

We recently closed on a new property in northern Callahan County. About 8 miles N of Putnam. Rolling mesquite & live oak country, with a 60 acre sunflower field. Overall it looked too gamey for us to pass up.

I really enjoy the threads chronicling ranch projects, and following along, so I will try and do the same by keeping this one updated.

I filled 5 feeders a couple weeks ago, and put out a couple cameras. Also set up a new blind w/ my enthusiastic 2yo.

We have a dozer & track hoe on the property this week burying some old junk, building a new tank, and cleaning up a nice area for a new metal barn.

I still haven't settled on a name for the place...

Very pleased with the first check of the cams, but I will keep this thread updated as the season progresses.

-Walker
    Attached Files

CONGRATS on your own piece of TX!! Beautiful place! Nothing like pulling up to the gate of your own place!

Comment

Congratulations! I look forward to following along!

Comment

Awesome! In for more updates

Comment

You're right down the road from my boss' place. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! I love following these. Do you have any live water sources? How many tanks will you have once the new one is finished? How many acres total? Is the sunflower field a crop to harvest or just food source for wildlife?

Comment

Congratulations! You have some nice bucks on the place.

Comment

Congratulations some great deer in that area and a lot of hogs .

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Good looking property. Congrats!

Comment

Awesome looking property and bucks! I love these threads. Keep us updated. Congrats

Comment

That’s absolutely awesome. I’m from Callahan County. Love that area

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the new place and nice looking deer. Subbed

Comment

Congrats. Its a nice area, we hunt just down the road on 310.

Comment

Working...
                              X