Charges of the feral kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charges of the feral kind

Just curious, show of hands, who here has been charged by a hog? Feel free to share the story.

Popped my cherry on that one last August.

I charge them.

Comment

I have been charged 3 times so far, luckily none has got me yet. 2 were sows with piglets and 1 was a wounded boar.

Comment

I had a fat girl run at me while shooting pool at the old Horseman in Fort Worth. That count?

Comment

I’ve had quite a few run at me in the past, but I don’t know if I would call it charging as none one of them ever really had a chance to make it very close before getting shot.

However, a couple weeks ago I came up on a 180-ish pound boar at around 25 yards after leaving the deer blind. He started trotting away and I pulled my Glock 19 and shot him once in the shoulder. After taking the first round, he spun around and started running at me. I put 6 more 9mm rounds in him before he dropped 4 yards from me. I have no doubt he had me in his sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been charged countless times. Bluff charged 99% of those times. Beat and bruised up dozens of times and cut up once.

Comment

I've came close to being ran over by escaping hogs, javelina, sheep, cows, and a couple of coons. The coons kinda skeert me a bit, I ain't so sure they were just trying to get away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                I had a fat girl run at me while shooting pool at the old Horseman in Fort Worth. That count?
                Lmao!

Comment

I havent but a buddy of mine has been charged twice in the last year. The first time was several months ago in his yard. It actually ran up behind him and bit his ankle while knocking him to the ground. It fell over a few feet away and came at him again but he had his ar-15 and unloaded on it. It tore some tendons in his ankle. The second time was a week or so ago when he walking out from a public land duck hunt. This time he beat it off with a 6' section of square steel tube that he uses for a mojo decoy stand.

Comment

Once, it was a wounded pig. Small one about 80 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota7493 View Post
                      i had a fat girl run at me while shooting pool at the old horseman in fort worth. That count?
                      100%

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                        I’ve had quite a few run at me in the past, but I don’t know if I would call it charging as none one of them ever really had a chance to make it very close before getting shot.

However, a couple weeks ago I came up on a 180-ish pound boar at around 25 yards after leaving the deer blind. He started trotting away and I pulled my Glock 19 and shot him once in the shoulder. After taking the first round, he spun around and started running at me. I put 6 more 9mm rounds in him before he dropped 4 yards from me. I have no doubt he had me in his sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Daaamn

Comment

I was squirrel hunting once and accidentally snuck into a group of pigs. A sow with piglets treed me and stood there popping her teeth until the rest had left the area before she finally took off. I had dropped my 22 at the base of the tree so I could catch the lowest branch so I had no choice but to wait it out.

Comment

twice in the last year, both times pulled them out of trap casterated them turned them loose. they took offense, really don't blame them at all. main take away is kicking a mad pig in the face while wearing crocs isn't a good idea. really could have helped myself on that one.

Comment

3 times for me.

1 loan boar as I climbed down from my bow stand. He was down wind of me and came at me. I wasn’t carrying that day and hauled ***** home as quick as I could. I think there is a thread on here from that hunt.

Other 2 times were sows. Killed one and the other I unloaded a .45 on her. Both had piglets and didn’t like me walking up on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X