Got it done x3 yesterday morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it done x3 yesterday morning.

Yesterday morning was a morning of a life time. I started off by hanging a new set before daylight. I shot two does in a matter of 15 minutes. One dead at 80 yards, one at 10 yards. Waited 30 more min; wanted to stay but made a deal with the wife Id come home when i had two on the ground. Got down, pulled my stand and steps and everything down. Bow loaded in bag. i went 80 yards into the woods to get the first doe to drag to the second doe to begin field dressing. I get gloves on and start cutting the first one and hear a thud. i immediately knew it had to be a deer, and thought surely a buck. I look up to see a biggin 20 yards from me. I haven't seen a mature deer on the place all year. He doesnt see me as were in some pretty thick woods and the ground is wet so I'm pretty silent. all I see is horns and big body. I crawl hands and knees 30 yards back to my bow and frantically unload it from my bag with my back to him. once i get my bow out my plan is to let him walk past and then grunt him back in. i pull the grunt tube and somehow find my release in my jacket I had already laid on the ground. I turn to take a peak and hes circling back toward me. i knock an arrow and get my release on the d loop and say out loud, "this is about to happen". I draw as I turn and dont see him. 5 seconds later he steps out at 15 yards behind a giant red oak that blocked my view of him and I smash him from the ground on my knees. ice never shot two in one morning much less 3. probably the rush of a lifetime and something I wanted to share.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow! Congrats!

Comment

Nice job congratulations!!

Comment

Good nite man!!! Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Wow, what a day!

Comment

Originally posted by BC288 View Post
            Yesterday morning was a morning of a life time. I started off by hanging a new set before daylight. I shot two does in a matter of 15 minutes. One dead at 80 yards, one at 10 yards. Waited 30 more min; wanted to stay but made a deal with the wife Id come home when i had two on the ground. Got down, pulled my stand and steps and everything down. Bow loaded in bag. i went 80 yards into the woods to get the first doe to drag to the second doe to begin field dressing. I get gloves on and start cutting the first one and hear a thud. i immediately knew it had to be a deer, and thought surely a buck. I look up to see a biggin 20 yards from me. I haven't seen a mature deer on the place all year. He doesnt see me as were in some pretty thick woods and the ground is wet so I'm pretty silent. all I see is horns and big body. I crawl hands and knees 30 yards back to my bow and frantically unload it from my bag with my back to him. once i get my bow out my plan is to let him walk past and then grunt him back in. i pull the grunt tube and somehow find my release in my jacket I had already laid on the ground. I turn to take a peak and hes circling back toward me. i knock an arrow and get my release on the d loop and say out loud, "this is about to happen". I draw as I turn and dont see him. 5 seconds later he steps out at 15 yards behind a giant red oak that blocked my view of him and I smash him from the ground on my knees. ice never shot two in one morning much less 3. probably the rush of a lifetime and something I wanted to share.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            A triple! Now that is special

Comment

Holy moly what a hunt

Comment

Heck of a haul congrats

Comment

Congrats......that buck alone would've made for a great hunt!

Comment

That has to be one of the coolest recaps I’ve ever heard.

Comment

You did great. Getting 3 in one sit is amazing. Congratulations x3!

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

Wow! Congrats!! I’m not sure it can get much better than that. Hope ur knife is sharp!

Comment

That’s a story you’ll tell for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow what a hunt. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X