Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
    Anyone know when the seasons up? According to the Coe website hunting is closed after last day of February. I thought last day of January. Tpwd says Jan 5. What's the deal?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    from the 12/18 email....

Friday, January 31, 2020 will be the last day hunters will be able to harvest and check in deer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
      from the 12/18 email....

Friday, January 31, 2020 will be the last day hunters will be able to harvest and check in deer.

Ok great. Thanks

Comment

Sat this morning and saw nada. Looks like they are moving late evening and throughout the night right now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
          Sat this morning and saw nada. Looks like they are moving late evening and throughout the night right now.

I got out right and first and light and bumped 3 off my bait pile. If I had showed up an hour earlier I might have had a crack at em. Going to granger to try to get a pig here in a few minutes

Comment

I have to say that this was the first year for me to miss out on Lake Georgetown in 12-13 consecutive years. I didn't even put in. I also didn't miss it at all. Granted I have always had a lease so it wasn't my primary source for venison. It was just a convenient place to hunt locally.

Comment

My first year hunting and Georgetown is the only real deer hunt I got drawn for. Spent hundreds of hours out there between scouting and sitting. Seems like I might have been better off working a second job at KFC to save up for a lease. Talk about a grind. I'm not giving up yet though. New year's resolution is to kill enough critters that I don't have to buy factory farmed meat. I currently have 2.5 hogs, 1 squirrel, 2 dove, 3 catfish, 4 crappie, and 24 white bass in the freezer. Maybe enough to get me to june... if I catch a bunch more crappie and whites in the spawn. We'll see, but I'm sure I'm gonna start missing ribeyes pretty soon haha

Comment

Off one more time

Comment

Coyote I believe and illegal hunter
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                    Seriously!? What a ********!

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                      Are you in the general hunting zone? Probably just a small game hunter. The pic was taken on the last day of late dove season. If in archery only area send pic to the office

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am in 9c

Comment

That is in the general hunting area. Bird hunting reopened there after the general deer season ended and changed back to MLD deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                            That is in the general hunting area. Bird hunting reopened there after the general deer season ended and changed back to MLD deer season.

Small game hunting in the general area is only closed during tpwd archery season. Sept 29-Nov 5. Other than that they are legal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Gotta love a thief.

Came out for one final hoorah this afternoon to end the season, only to find the chair in my ground blind gone, all the limbs brushing blind in, ripped off, and my game camera inside my blind with the batteries and my sd card taken.

Probably the same guy that told me last week I better not let the Park Ranger know I am hunting out here... smh

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                                Gotta love a thief.

Came out for one final hoorah this afternoon to end the season, only to find the chair in my ground blind gone, all the limbs brushing blind in, ripped off, and my game camera inside my blind with the batteries and my sd card taken.

Probably the same guy that told me last week I better not let the Park Ranger know I am hunting out here... smh

Jesus! That's unbelievable. I've been worried about that kind of encounter all season. Fortunately everyone I ran into was encouraging. Or at least friendly. That really sucks man. Know what he was driving or license plate number? I would be itching to report him.

Comment

Working...
                                X