No announcement yet.

Hagerman Youth Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad he is, hope you are as well. Weather looks to be nasty for Friday, Saturday and Sunday slightly better.

See you at HQ/maintenance barn tomorrow.

Comment

Updates???

Comment

One deer brought in tonight, only deer brought in so far. Deer have been seen by all the kids but nothing in range yet. We had a group of deer passing through the woods at 5pm and one doe that split off from the group came our way at 15 yards or so. My son double lunged her and she crashed not even 15 yards from where he shot her. Literally let the wind out of her. We walked up on her to pull her out of the thicket and realized we had one of those modern deer; turns out she was a he. Button buck. It’s his first deer with his bow and to get it here in late January from a ground blind with 3 people in it was special. Proud of you son. Thanks to Doug and TYHP. I’ll share some more when we get back. One more sit in the morning.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jesus is Coming; 01-18-2020, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Oh Lawd, can someone tell me how to rotate that photo?

Comment

Last day, ready to head out!

Comment

Congrats to Jason and his boy Simeon. He's a class act and deserves that kill on a super tough hunt. We enjoyed ourselves on our first hunt with TYHP and my sons true first bow hunt. Great people, great food and a great time was had. We look forward to doing it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you Joe. Great to meet you and Adrian. He will get his chance! Glad y’all are a part of TYHP now and wish you guys many great hunts together! Still have to unpack and try to do a little write up later.

Comment

That's awesome!! Congrats to Simeon from Rachel and I! Way to go!

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you John and Rachel!

Comment

Some pics. As as usual, I enjoyed it. Good young men and women, and dads.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great pics Doug. Tried to get a 200”, got a 2.00” instead. Hope to move the decimal point next time!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Few more pics from the weekend. My son was the lucky winner of a very cool knife made by our very own Razorback01 that he donated to TYHP for the 2020 Hagerman hunt. Simeon and me were also very fortunate to have him as our guide. He shared a wealth of knowledge with us about bowhunting and the Refuge over the weekend that helped us catch the Hagerman bug. Thank you sir. Snuck a couple pics from the Bowhunters Ed that was conducted over the weekend too. God willing, we’ll be back to hunt the “H” again sometime for one of the segments in the future. Thank you Doug, TYHP, and Hagerman for a very special weekend that we will never forget!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jesus is Coming; 01-20-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jason, I enjoyed the weekend with you, your son, and the other Dad/son/daughter combos. The TYHP is a very good program, and in Hagerman fashion, long hours, and dead tired afterward.

I look at it this way, giving back, memories made.

And from now on, instead of using Hagerman, refer to it as the "H". I look forward to seeing you at the "H" in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              Thanks Jason, I enjoyed the weekend with you, your son, and the other Dad/son/daughter combos. The TYHP is a very good program, and in Hagerman fashion, long hours, and dead tired afterward.

I look at it this way, giving back, memories made.

And from now on, instead of using Hagerman, refer to it as the "H". I look forward to seeing you at the "H" in the future.
                              👏👏👏 the “H” it is, see you there!

Comment

Looks like a good time!

Comment

Working...
                                X