No announcement yet.

How many hunt on the ground??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a few weeks ago.The blind I was told to hunt was full of yellow jackets! Went about 50 yards,and sat on the edge of a wheatfield.I used to hunt big wheatfields on the ground quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a few times this year... the first time I saw the buck I killed in person during the season was after I got out of my blind and went and sat under a tree... he came through at 50 yards and I couldn’t get a shot (nor would I that far) but it gave me some ideas for the next hunts...

Comment

Have not hunted this season but when I do, I hunt on the ground. Very enjoyable time in gods wonderful creation.

Comment

The first year I deer hunted, I climbed up in my ladder stand and sat for about 30 minutes before my stomach had other plans. Got down and walked down to a creek bank and sat on the edge in some bushes. Had a hot doe run along the creek with a truckload of bucks following her. I didn't shoot a single one, but they all passed less than 10 yards in front of me. I probably wouldn't have been able to draw back a bow without being busted. I haven't tried it since.

Comment

I couldn't find you in that 2nd pic until I saw your bow and quiver.

Comment

98% ground hunter here...

Comment

Yes, when I am not seeing deer, I will stillhunt and post up on the ground. May do an all day trek.

Comment

I occasionally hunt from the round. I killed my Maine black bear from the ground last season. It's intense to have a bear at 10 yards with nothing between you but a few tree branches.

Comment

Working...
                  X