Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me find a Weekend Live-in Caregiver

Looking for a female live-in caregiver for my Mother-in-law

She is suffering with dementia and needs someone there around the clock to help her with daily routines and companionship. She has a nice 2br apartment right behind our home. We have had a jam-up team, but we need to replace one of them. Her primary caregiver is awesome, but needs some time off to recharge and my wife and sister-in-law need some peace. We are in Riverwalk in Porter.

4pm Friday-8am Monday (Negotiable)

Job Requirements:
    Be Kind
    Be on-time
    Cook Easy Meals
    Be Patient
    Give meds as directed
    Be Friendly
    Help with Showering
    Help with Dressing
    Light Clean-up
    She sleeps about 12-15 hrs a day

$500/weekend (can arrange one weekend off per month if needed)
    Nice comfortable private bedroom with King Bed
    We provide all groceries/meals
    Wifi with Streaming Services

Email me at curt@joslintexas.com or PM me if you know someone that might be interested. $500 Finders Fee for anyone that you refer and I hire and sticks for 90days.

Man, it sucks getting old, but it sucks worse when your parents are just holding on, in their mid-80's. In the next year, I will be in this situation, with two parents. It sucks, for all of us.

Sorry that I am no help. You just have to keep plodding along.

Randy

Comment

ttt

Comment

Good luck on the search and God Bless! If we live long enough, we will all be there one day. I love seeing family serve family.

Comment

Good luck finding the right fit.

Comment

My parents/aunts & uncles used visiting angels for my grandmother once it got to the point she needed around the clock care and supervision. Obviously they had several people that took different shifts and decided to offer the one she liked got along with best a little more money and she could move in to the apartment out back for lower rent than what she was paying at her place. All this to say, visiting angels might be something to look into if you aren’t already.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Good luck finding the right fit.
              Amen to that!! We were quoted $27 an hour 24/7 365 for full time care!

Comment

My mom stayed with us for 18 months before my wife said those dreaded words. “I need a break”. I found a home in a neighborhood for folks with dementia. It was horrible leaving her there. I’d pick her up on the weekends and bring her home to spend the night. The staff finally told me that that was messing her up. I could tell also because she always ask where we were going on Sunday afternoon.
                That was $3,000.00 a month room and board and all meals etc. I’m glad that y’all have the wherewithal to keep her on site. You may check out Care.com for some leads.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                  My mom stayed with us for 18 months before my wife said those dreaded words. “I need a break”. I found a home in a neighborhood for folks with dementia. It was horrible leaving her there. I’d pick her up on the weekends and bring her home to spend the night. The staff finally told me that that was messing her up. I could tell also because she always ask where we were going on Sunday afternoon.
                  That was $3,000.00 a month room and board and all meals etc. I’m glad that y’all have the wherewithal to keep her on site. You may check out Care.com for some leads.
                  Yeah, she's been with us about 2.5 years, but the 6mo prior to that, my wife and sister-in-law took turns staying at her house with her. Then we moved her in with us and I built her a 2BR apartment behind our house. Recently she's needed 24/7 care and my wife and sister-in-law were killing themselves. When you say your wife "needed a break", trust me when I tell you that I understand.

Comment

Man, I feel your pain. We are doing the same with my Mom, keeping her at her home on the farm. 87 with full blown Alzheimer's. We have a crew that takes care of her 24/7 & not sure how long they will last. She is healthy but doesn't even know her name anymore. Sad disease.

Comment

God bless all of you that are taking care of your mom’s. There are so many that don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Yeah, she's been with us about 2.5 years, but the 6mo prior to that, my wife and sister-in-law took turns staying at her house with her. Then we moved her in with us and I built her a 2BR apartment behind our house. Recently she's needed 24/7 care and my wife and sister-in-law were killing themselves. When you say your wife "needed a break", trust me when I tell you that I understand.
                        She lost her balance one evening and grabbed hold of the shower curtain. The whole thing came down and she fell across the edge of the tub and fractured several ribs. It was horrible. She cry just about every time she’d try to move.
                        We made the decision to bring her back home with us. We had sold our home in Katy and was moving to College Station. We closed on the sale of our home on Friday. Saturday morning she had an event and was transported to e r. She died Sunday morning. I don’t know if I can ever forgive myself. It was hard taking care of our special needs son and her. I’m so happy that I know where she’s at and I’ll see her again.

Comment

Working...
                        X