Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc deployment update

Howdy y’all,

Just a shout out. Thanks for all the prayers and support. Foremost I think everybody back home aka wife and kids are adjusting and doing well and in the summer groove with my absence. It’s been a very busy few weeks for me getting settled in, getting stuff organized for battlefield circulation to step off and go see my soldiers and medics.

I’ve got everything I need at my home base and supply is good. I told myself when I joined 9yrs ago that I know how inefficient some processes can be and how big government operates. Everyday I tell myself I’m excited to be here and I’m going to maintain a good attitude…and that goes A LONG WAY especially with your peers and subordinates. Attitude is everything. I’m lucky that I’m on a short tour May-September so time will fly.

I’d love to share more but i just can’t at this time. I’ll post pics down the road after I get back which I feel is right and safe.

I will say it is HOT and it’s going to get hotter. This isn’t a Texas kind of hot- the only way I can describe it is when you open the oven after baking something and that heat hits your face- that’s what it’s like. 115’ is about our norm right now.

There is a public Facebook link run by PAO that any of you are welcome to follow- 36th Sustainment Brigade, 36 Infantry Division, Texas Army National Guard.

Not sure what my future holds with the Army but I’m glad I’m getting this experience.

Best wishes,

Doc Horak

Good luck and enjoy the heat. My son in law was deployed over there with special forces and enjoyed the Dude Wipes I sent monthly for his guys.

Comment

Best of luck that everything continues to go well. Keeping it positive is always big, it is especially big when in leadership.

As far as the heat, it sound like south west Arizona heat. 114 was common and felt like any exposed skin was about to bake in an oven. Think cool thoughts!

Comment

Be safe and I like your attitude.

Comment

Thanks for the update and your service sir. Waiting for a safe return.

Comment

Best of luck to you and your family.

Comment

Lord we Sam you to put a strong impenetrable shroud of Divine protection of our brother and his men. Keep them from harm and give them wisdom and discernment in all that they do. Bring each and everyone of them safely home to their families. Thank You Lord for these brave men and women who serve to protect our nation and us, in Jesus name, Amen.

Stay safe Doc. God bless and keep you.

Comment

That’s gotta be one of the best “Embrace the Suck” attitudes I’ve ever heard. Stay safe soldier.

Comment

Glad things are going as best as can be expected

Stay hydrated and safe

Comment

Thank you for your service stay safe and if there is anything your family needs in your absence let us know.

Comment

Be safe Jeremy!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stay safe brother. The best advice I can give is to obviously stay hydrated but along with embracing the suck, keep those tops on. I know it's hot but it will keep you cool once the body starts sweating.

Comment

stay hydrated, keep the faith. always hold up your crew and when really bored,
                          try covering up the camel spiders with bath wipes.
                          really boring deployments to warm spaces. 1987-2010.

Comment

I experienced a small example of that heat once when I walked off an airplane in Phoenix… thought it was going to suck my breath away!

Thanks for your service.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Lord we Sam you to put a strong impenetrable shroud of Divine protection of our brother and his men. Keep them from harm and give them wisdom and discernment in all that they do. Bring each and everyone of them safely home to their families. Thank You Lord for these brave men and women who serve to protect our nation and us, in Jesus name, Amen.

Stay safe Doc. God bless and keep you.
                              I appreciate your prayers and those from everybody else. It does mean a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X