Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else overrun with copperheads this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else overrun with copperheads this year?

Not sure why there’s such an increase with them this year but they are thick around the houses and barns. One of the cats keeps getting bit at night. Been mowing over them lately. At night I no longer get out to open the gates without a spotlight. They are out tonight on the gravel roads.

I haven’t seen one yet. That’s odd

Comment

Guess I need to start hunting them.

Comment

Saw one get a cow on the leg yesterday.

Comment

Haven’t seen one yet. I’ve only seen two snakes all years both nonvenomous.

Comment

Not a one. Coach whip and rat snakes

Comment

Not copperheads but this year was the first year we saw a rattler in the back years. He didn’t get a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen 1 "scared the **** out of me snake" but no others. He was hiding under my trash can when I went to put it to the street.

Comment

A friend of mine missed stepping on a copperhead by a few inches today near Milano, It was laying under the tongue of one of his trailers, an adult, about 2 feet long.

Comment

We’ve seen a few more, especially near the house. Not what I would call a preponderance but their proximity has me a little concerned.

Comment

Been expecting to see one any day. Haven’t seen a snake of any species

Comment

Haven’t seen a one in Montague Co., Tarrant Co., etc

Comment

Haven’t seen any yet in Montgomery. Typically one every other year or so. Did have a rat snake that I relocated behind my wood pile to let him do his job over there

Comment

What county?

Comment

I stepped on one last weekend picking dewberries at the local park. I got lucky and stepped on its head before it hit me. Kiddo saw it under my shoe and screamed then i cleared about 8ft in one leap. Im colorblind so those buggers are invisible to me unless they are stretched out fully and i can see the long silhouette.

Comment

Working...
                              X