Jet Ski for Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet Ski for Fishing

I've owned a boat for over 30 yrs. and it's time to replace it. With the cost of new boats I've been kicking around the idea of buying one of the new SeaDoo that's rigged out for fishing. Anyone on here have any real input to the pro's and con's. I realize cost is the big difference, but what about other issues?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dusty Roads; 04-03-2022, 06:46 PM.

i tossed around the idea some years ago about doing that,,, won't consider any more mostly because of the gators in the area's i like to fish

Comment

Dope

Comment

I don't believe you can use before sunrise or after sunset.

Comment

There are YouTube videos showing offshore rigs. Pretty cool. I thought about it years ago but never pulled the trigger on one.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            I don't believe you can use before sunrise or after sunset.

This would be the biggest issue.

Other than that, I’ve always thought they’d make a good fishing rig if you mostly fish solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am currently build one out, and have seen lighting kits to allow running in dark. I do plan to consult with a GW before doing so.
              Good luck

Comment

I seen 2 gals chasing surfacing fish on Texoma. Their skis were allsome. And they tore em up same as everyone. And could get on em fast!

Comment

My son has one and has also done a multi-day excursion on Lake Powell with one. He loves it. They have a slow idle motor mode, sonar, etc...

Comment

Needs more glitter.
                    Where do you put the power pole?

I woulda figured theydve put a decent gunwale deck for walking around the craft. Thing looks like a racing machine. Hell…it needs to be a floating deck and flat on top for standing.

Seadoos are good machines from my experience.
                    Do it MrRoads.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-03-2022, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I have fished up to18 miles out. Caught king, ling, snapper, shark, Jack's + everything inshore and fresh water. Awesome for drift fishing I really wanted to install an i pilot. Had to tow one back one time because my son sucked his hat into the impeller that made for a long day.

Comment

I forget what forum he was on but pretty sure he as a big internet presence. Look up Jetski Brian

Comment

If only I was younger, without kids, and a woman I love... I've always thought there was a market for these.

Comment

Self propelled kayak…. on steroids.

Comment

I would go for it in a heartbeat, if I had a number of friends with them. I don't like to fish solo if I can avoid it, and you can't really fish more than one person off of a ski. I had the same issue when i had kayaks. I have seen the new Sea Doos around the Trinity River last summer including one of the fishing rigged skis. They look incredible, and the owners had zero complaints. If you fish saltwater, look at a brand with a closed loop cooling system. I don't recall where Sea Doo falls on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X