Help Me Pick a .300 Win Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me Pick a .300 Win Mag

Hi. I am wanting a 300 win mag and am having a hard time deciding.

Must haves are:
    Threaded Barrel - I have a Dead Air Nomad TI that will live on this rifle
    Rifle only weight under 6.5 pounds
    Price: $2700 or less

The upcoming Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT looks like it checks all the boxes and has a 22 inch barrel which sounds nice considering this gun will be suppressed 100% of the time. I have read some folks saying that its a crap shoot whether you get a shooter or not from Christensen.

Also could get a Tikka T3x Lite Veil for $1300 but its 7 pounds. Optic + can and its starting to get heavier than I am looking for.

Bergara Canyon and Proof Elevation Lightweight Hunter are also options.

What else should I be looking at that checks these boxes?

Bump the budget up and get you an APR, lightweight maverick or altitude line.

Comment

I think personally I would go with Bergara or Tikka over Christensen.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Bump the budget up and get you an APR, lightweight maverick or altitude line.
        The budget is bumped as high as its going. ha ha.

Comment

Bergara Premier Canyon is what I would choose.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
            Bergara Premier Canyon is what I would choose.
            Probably going to be my next purchase. I have a 300 WM Premier HMR Pro and love it, but that thing with a can on it is about as mobile as a utility pole.

Comment

The maverick line would be within budget and dang close to the weight with a cut down barrel. Once you go custom, its hard going back!

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
              The budget is bumped as high as its going. ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                The maverick line would be within budget and dang close to the weight with a cut down barrel. Once you go custom, its hard going back!
                I already have a Maverick from APR. Great gun.

Comment

I guess I am confused. Besides looks/show what is the need for a $3000 gun to shoot deer with?

The scope, ammo selection mean alot more then then the gun when shooting a 1 shot bolt gun.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    I guess I am confused. Besides looks/show what is the need for a $3000 gun to shoot deer with?

The scope, ammo selection mean alot more then then the gun when shooting a 1 shot bolt gun.

[emoji849] Since when do you have to NEED a gun to buy it? I don’t think the OP was asking for financial advise.

Comment

The sendero special thats in the classifieds. Save the rest of the money for dang good glass. Wont be light but itll be a shooter. Ive considered cutting mine down to about 22"

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                        [emoji849] Since when do you have to NEED a gun to buy it? I don’t think the OP was asking for financial advise.
                        Just asking, as maybe I am missing something.

I will be buying one in the future as well and every gun listed is very expensive.

Looks like the word "need" didn't sit well with you.

Comment

I'm in the same boat and I'm leaning towards the Bergara Premier Canyon

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

I don't neeeeeeed a $3000 gun. I want one though.

Sorry for confusing you

Comment

You could add your own semi custom twist on a tikka lite? Carbon Stock and Carbon Barrel and prob be pretty close to your budget.

I've been looking at going this route but also exploring a lot of the same options at you.

Comment

Working...
                              X