Chief Arrendondo Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    I’m pretty sure the truth will never get out .
    This 100%!

Comment

Ya'll saying that the truth will never get out are right. But, the time line is out and we can see that. IMO there is some truth in that.

Comment

The truth may have gotten out… but the teacher who died, whose law enforcement husband was on the scene, and subsequently died of a “heart attack” days after the tragic event. That’s not suspect at all.

Comment

This!

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
            Please watch Jocko Willink run through the time line in his podcast. This was a pathetic showing of leadership from Arrendondo. His lack of action cost those children and teachers their lives. The excuses and pure BS in this interview make me sick.
            This. We could end the thread right here.

The sad part of this, there is no earthly punishment fit for the Chief and all the officers that should have stepped in, much less the officers that held parents back from going to to get their kids themselves.

The police's complete dereliction of duty which led to the deaths of 19 students and two teachers.

Comment

The video has the truth. It's gonna eventually get out.

Comment

"The only thing stopping the hallway of dedicated officers from entering room 111 and 112 was the on-scene commander who decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children," McCraw testified. McCraw has previously identified the on-scene commander as the local school district police chief, Pete Arredondo.

Comment

As soon as the Chief hesitated, where were the other officers to say screw him, we are going in?

They were just outside the door. They heard the shots. I know enough officers to know most would not have hesitated and I find it hard to believe that 100% of the officers in that hallway were that incompetent. There has to be more going on.

I don't know what, but I just cant fathom that many grown men who swore to protect and serve dropped the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    "The only thing stopping the hallway of dedicated officers from entering room 111 and 112 was the on-scene commander who decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children," McCraw testified. McCraw has previously identified the on-scene commander as the local school district police chief, Pete Arredondo.

I have 100% confidence in what Director McCraw testified to. That is the "truth" I had been waiting to hear and had hoped there was some POSSIBLE explanation for the delay. Nope....just terrible decision making my a politician/police chief.

The Uvalde ISD Chief could not have possibly failed those teachers, students and his community worse than he did. It is NOT a barricaded person and that is how he handled it. I wonder how many training classes he sat through that discussed the failures of Columbine and he apparently didn't learn a **** thing. Or didn't have the guts to send his officers into that room.

I have no doubt that those officers go through that doorway if he tells them to and are willing to die trying to save those kids lives. They might not all come back out but you have to send them. Those are the decisions you are getting paid to make.

He surely has enough training in active shooter response to be culpable for his terrible decision making.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                      The lack of keys for the ISD officers (if that part is accurate and true) is the vast majority of the problem. Vast vast majority.

Then again I am accustomed to large school districts with “master” keys for buildings and/or the entire district. That might not be the case in a very small district like Uvalde.

Assuming they had “master” keys in the district and the ISD Officers didn’t have copies is such a huge screwup. Lives were lost because of that. Period.

The radio thing for the Chief is a mute point if they all have master keys. It is over in minutes and nobody cares about the radio.

I also see no mention of trying to breach the lock by putting rounds into that lock. Does that come with risks? Yep sure does. Standing there and being ****ing quiet while you wait on keys comes with more risks. You have to do something.
                      The master key is a bullet when a tragedy like this is going down. He is a straight up poossy

Comment

My wife is a teacher. In 2019 she called me scared and whispering that someone was in the school with a gun and to come help her. I was very close by. I got to the school in about 2min, got out of my truck and tucked my pistol in my waist and grabbed 2 xtra clips and put um in my back pocket. I Went door to door until I was addressed through the door by 4 HPD officers that were already in the building. As they were talking to me 2 patrol cars pulled up on me and wanted to know who I was and what the hell was I doing at the school with a gun. After me showing them who I was and telling them about my wife calling me they went and got her and brought her to me.

Those LEO did exactly what they should have. They were brave and compassionate. They spent ample time explain to me what happened and that It was just a called in threat to the school and not someone in the school. I left that day feeling proud of the LEOS that I came in contact with.

There are a boat load of awesome LEO'S out there. Arrendondo is an exception not the norm.

Comment

Is this school windowless? As in there were no windows that could have been breached into those classrooms when the doors were locked?

I just find it unbelievable that officers had no other recourse than to sit and wait for a magic key to arrive. Your telling me campus custodian or principal didn’t have a master? Bullsh_i_t !
                          Last edited by Playa; 06-21-2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

So i guess we just gave up asking why there was an open door that allowed the scum into the school originally?

Comment

Im pretty upset about this whole ordeal as anyone is or should be. Personally, i think all the officers who are sworn to serve and protect the community and just “followed orders” by not going in should resign or be fired. Thats just my opinion. There was plenty of firepower and training to overtake a lone teenager with a rifle. Even if they saved just a single child, it would be worth it.
                              They were in the hall 3 min after the shooter entered.
                              The police chief has no business wearing a badge or being in a position of leadership at any level. Even though i know be won’t, he should catch charges of some kind. But thats just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                                The lack of keys for the ISD officers (if that part is accurate and true) is the vast majority of the problem. Vast vast majority.

Then again I am accustomed to large school districts with “master” keys for buildings and/or the entire district. That might not be the case in a very small district like Uvalde.

Assuming they had “master” keys in the district and the ISD Officers didn’t have copies is such a huge screwup. Lives were lost because of that. Period.

The radio thing for the Chief is a mute point if they all have master keys. It is over in minutes and nobody cares about the radio.

I also see no mention of trying to breach the lock by putting rounds into that lock. Does that come with risks? Yep sure does. Standing there and being ****ing quiet while you wait on keys comes with more risks. You have to do something.
                                When the "Master key" came up in another thread I reached our to two people at two different large ISDs. One is a resource officer, the other is fairly high in the food chain for the ISD itself

Resource guy has mag card to external doors. No master key exists in his school and he's not aware of one for others

The other is frequently asked by the PD if he has a key to get in once the schools are locked. He probably has 8lbs of keys to the different schools

That said, you'd think a smaller ISD could accomplish this easier. But the state wide master key theory is a myth at this point IMO

It's a good idea that should be looked at and for sure implemented within the jurisdiction of ISD offices

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X