No announcement yet.

Leases Without Water/Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a good deep cell 12v battery with a small charger wired in that's charging any time you're running your generator. Small 300 watt inverter with some led string lights so you don't have to run your generator just to have lights or charge phones etc. If you have a camper elevate a water tote and catch water off the roof. Then gravity feed that in to your fresh water tank. If you don't get a honda as stated above build a generator house to keep the noise down.

Comment

Also a deer with a well placed shot can be rinsed with a pump sprayer.

Comment

We have power but no water. Hauled water for years and was always a pain. Set up a rain catch of a 20x4 lean to using 4 250 gallon totes. Covered with a tarp to keep out sunlight and a little bleach and it works great

Comment

We have power but no water and it’s no big deal hauling water…As difficult as it is to find a good lease I can’t imagine no water/electric is a factor…Those problems can be pretty easily overcome.

Comment

Generator.

And get atleast a 300 gallon tank for the camper.
            Build a rain catch for it. 4 or 5 panels of 12ft tin sheets.

Run a split off the pump, one for the camper and 1 to clean deer with.

Comment

No power and no water on our lease. Hasn't really been an issue. Use about 10 gallons of gas a weekend when it's hot, 4 when it's cooler. Water is really not an issue. Bring ten gallons a time and you have plenty to shower with and bring your own drinking water. Can't take bubble baths is all.

Comment

No power or water on our lease.
                Haul some water each trip to keep the trailer tank full.
                Converted my Honda generator to propane add keep spare tanks handy. It is so nice not having to deal with gasoline cans.

Comment

I used to rough it in pursuit of the trophy. No water, heat, cooling. When I passed 55, I now require a nice bed, electricity, water, AC, heat, a stand up shower, a sit down toilet. And a TV. The pursuit of the trophy has lost a lot of importance.
                  Last edited by Monark; 06-20-2022, 06:39 PM.

Comment

As others have said generator I used the predator inverter 3500 and used 2 55 gallon drums. Left one and filled one and used a 12 volt pump to pump into holding tanks on rv. We rationed water when out there and made it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                      Plumbing- Hefty bag in the toilet, sit down , do your business, when you’re through, tie a knot in it and throw it out the front door, chunk it in the trash on the way home somewhere. Shower- get a big pot, use propane and heat up water, get in the shower stall with it and take a sponge bath. Did it for years.
                      What????

I don't pick up my dogs poo at buccees. I dang sure ain't bagging my own **** much less hauling it.

We drop camp hunted in 14 degree weather for 6 days and I still found a tree to use.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                        I used to rough it in pursuit of the trophy. No water, heat, cooling. When I passed 55, I now require a nice bed, electricity, water, AC, heat, a stand up shower, a sit down toilet. And a TV. The pursuit of the trophy has lost a lot of importance.
                        I’m right there with you. It’s Hell to get old but better than the alternative.

Comment

I’ve never had a lease that had water or electricity. Those were not in my budget. We hauled water in in five gallon jugs. Water was for washing and the dogs and beer was for us. Never had a need for electricity. We used colemen lanterns, propane and battery powered stuff.

Comment

I bought a 100ah 12v battery that runs all of my electronics except AC or Heat. works great, about the size of a regular car battery and I am yet to use even half of the battery for a full weekend.

When I need AC or Heat we have an inverter generator but if the weather is nice the battery saves us from having to mess with it.

Haven't figured out water yet we usually just bring a couple 5 gallon jugs for washing hands and such.

There's also the option of running to the local self car wash and payin a few bucks to hose down if you get too rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              What????

I don't pick up my dogs poo at buccees. I dang sure ain't bagging my own **** much less hauling it.

We drop camp hunted in 14 degree weather for 6 days and I still found a tree to use.

You are the person Buccees warned us about!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                You are the person Buccees warned us about!
                                It's a wild world we live in. And sometime stuff happens

Comment

Working...
                                X