No announcement yet.

Father's Day and the Loss of a Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't imagine...2 daughters myself....prayers for ya sir!!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

God Bless you Sir. The first few years are pretty rough. Time and faith gets me through it.
      I still have my moments.
      I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Comment

Prayers for you Glenn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God bless you. I wish I could reverse your pain or bear some of it for you.

Comment

Very sorry Sir, hold on to the memories.

God Bless
            Bish

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
              Wasn't up to getting on the Green Screen yesterday, guess I was in my head too much.
              Wanted to take a second and say a couple of things:
              1st -
              Happy Father's Day to all the Green Screen Dads out there.
              Hope each of you had a great and relaxing day.

2nd -
              This was my First Father's Day without my Oldest Daughter. She was always the one to reach out to me early on Father's Day morning to wish me a Happy Father's Day. It was Surreal to wake up early, grab a cup of coffee, sit on the back porch and BAM, it hit me. She was not going to call. I sat in silence for about 2 hours, tears in my eyes thinking about my daughter and the fact that I will not receive a call from her any more.

Hope each of you had a Great Day. Happy Belated Fathers Day

I can’t imagine. God bless you sir.

Comment

May the Lord bless and keep you, make his eyes shine upon you, and give you peace.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, i would give you a hug and cry with you.
                  8 months for us now.

That 2 hours of silence is sooo true.

Comment

prayers up for you brother

Comment

Been 9 years come August for my wife and me... Ain't a day goes by that we don't think of him and miss him. We so look forward to seeing him again when we all get to Heaven... First thing we've decided to do is whup his butt for cuttin' in line, then we're gonna just love on him some more!!

Comment

So sorry for your loss! Praying for you!

Comment

I can’t imagine the pain of losing a child. I am so sorry for your loss.
                          I don’t have the words than can help your pain, but can only hope you know she is in a far better place. I also know that that is easier said than having to go through that nightmare.
                          You and your family will be in my prayers. God bless you Sir.

Comment

Prayers for you and all those who have lost children. May GOD Bless yall and use this for His glory

Comment

Bowanta,
                              Read this kind of late. First wanted to say thanks for wishing us all a Happy Father's Day.
                              Second- Yours post hit hard because my first call early Sunday Morning, like always, was my oldest daughter. Words don't express my heart felt thoughts going your way and I am truly sorry for your loss. You were blessed to have her in your life and just remember all those good times.

Comment

Well my brother, and friend, it's time to start thinking about the fall rut. Our children are not forgotten. They nver will be. It's through faith we endure. My oldest, Jr., was born Oct 11th, two days before my birthday. And buried on Thanksgiving Day. And my Grandfather, who was my best friend through some really tough times in my life, had his B-day two days after my B-day. With that being said, Oct and the fall season, is a special reminder for me. I give thanks for the gift of time I got to spend with each of them. For time is the greatest blessing we are given. I pray you find the peace that the Lord our God has brought me. And know, through faith, we will all be together again one day.

I look forward to following your Kansas hunts again. Blessings of peace be with you. And all fathers here who have children that have gone on to meet with the Lord. AMEN.
                                Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-22-2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X