Lets talk truck pistol mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk truck pistol mounts

What truck pistol mount are you using that you recommend? Something that will hold up to a rough ride in a 1 ton on ranch roads. I see alot of magnet mounts but not sure how well they hold. I like the idea of it being under the steering wheel.

Currently, I leave it in the console, if it's not on my body, but am looking for something I can grab faster.

I have a blackhawk that is under my steering wheel. I got lucky and it seems to catch on something under there very good. Good enough when my truck got broken into they tried to rip it all off and couldnt do it. Thankful they were too stupid to just hit the release on the holster and take then gun.

You can also screw that into the plastic if the stock holster doesnt catch.

Comment

I have been using Vulcan QuickDraw in My ranger and truck With no issues

Comment

The one that mounts to my belt has worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          The one that mounts to my belt has worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Same here……. Leaving a handgun in a vehicle is a recipe for disappointment to me. I would never do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            Same here……. Leaving a handgun in a vehicle is a recipe for disappointment to me. I would never do it.
            I never intend to leave it in the truck.

Edit, when I say I leave it in the console, that's not when in town, that's on my own property and no I don't live in town.
            Last edited by ColinR; 06-17-2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I use the magnet when driving, not sure a magnet will hold up on a ranch.

Comment

I use a magnet mount in my console, works great even on bumpy roads; never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                  I use the magnet when driving, not sure a magnet will hold up on a ranch.
                  Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                  I use a magnet mount in my console, works great even on bumpy roads; never had an issue.
                  Which one yall using? There are tons of them out there....

Comment

Comment

I have a gum creek mount that i use when riding around. I find it easier to keep there on long trips vs on my hip.

Think I have a spare somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        I never intend to leave it in the truck.

Edit, when I say I leave it in the console, that's not when in town, that's on my own property and no I don't live in town.
                        Gotcha. In the F150 I drive, there is a crease between the driver seat and the center console section.

I will wedge mine in there when doing what you described.

Comment

I have Marathon seat covers with pockets in front of the driver and passenger seats. My pistol rides well there and it's out of sight. If I didn't have that, I would use the Amazon Keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            Gotcha. In the F150 I drive, there is a crease between the driver seat and the center console section.

I will wedge mine in there when doing what you described.
                            This is what I do.

Until I lost all my guns in that boating accident.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                              This is what I do.

Until I lost all my guns in that boating accident.
                              Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X