Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cottonseed going crazy like everything else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Philip, them cows really appreciate that DD too!!

Yeah they got me at one spot. Still going strong in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      We’ve got another load of seed coming. Not sure what it cost. I started putting out double down this year too. I prefer protein over cottonseed but our lease rules say cottonseed. Kyle I hunt right up the road from you, I hunt with Jason and Charlie.
      What’s that DD up to now? It was getting pretty dang high by us. Antlers plus 20% was at $14.50 still. Cotton seed at 15/50. Nowhere close enough for bulk.

Comment

I’m not sure what it is now, it was $600/pallet or something close to that in Freer. Not sure what it will do for the deer but for sure they eat it better than other protein. One of our guys was feeding something else, and the deer were eating but not a bunch, put the DD out and deer were all over it the same day I put a new feeder up, and this is on a place with no protein feeders.

Comment

I’m not sure what it is now, it was $600/pallet or something close to that in Freer. Not sure what it will do for the deer but for sure they eat it better than other protein. One of our guys was feeding something else, and the deer were eating but not a bunch, put the DD out and deer were all over it the same day I put a new feeder up, and this is on a place with no protein feeders.
          That’s pretty cheap for DD. My deer didn’t really hit it any harder than antlers plus. I’ve fed AP for years with good results. Makes sense why they hit DD harder with what’s in it and the smell.

Comment

Cottonseed going crazy like everything else.

We’ve got another load of seed coming. Not sure what it cost. I started putting out double down this year too. I prefer protein over cottonseed but our lease rules say cottonseed. Kyle I hunt right up the road from you, I hunt with Jason and Charlie.

Oh ok. Good deal! Sooner or later we need to have a pachanga around here. I am heading out tomorrow evening to throw out a few sacks of cotton seed and maybe some pea gravel. I hope to draw a few more deer in. Jason can tell you we don’t have many deer hitting the feeders these days. [emoji16]

I drove old vaquillas road the other day. Actually the day of the uvalde tragedy. That road was super wet. Tons of standing water at all those low crossings. Hopefully it’s turned green and they’ll lay off the fake food for a little while.
            Last edited by kyle1974; 06-02-2022, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I turned my cameras off but a couple guys have them running. It’s looking like it’s greening up pretty nicely.

Comment

Kyle, Philip, I was there last weekend and the green up has begun, but it's not popping like it usually does... Only 1.5" in the rain gauges at camp. Cottonseed to be delivered on the 7th... $4726 delivered (10 tons)... That's the estimate... we actually have to pay for what's on the truck... They guess at the loading before weighing... $395/ton plus $776 delivery charge... Delivery in January was just over $200!! Personally I hope the green up slows down the cottonseed consumption!!

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                  Oh ok. Good deal! Sooner or later we need to have a pachanga around here. I am heading out tomorrow evening to throw out a few sacks of cotton seed and maybe some pea gravel. I hope to draw a few more deer in. Jason can tell you we don’t have many deer hitting the feeders these days. [emoji16]

I drove old vaquillas road the other day. Actually the day of the uvalde tragedy. That road was super wet. Tons of standing water at all those low crossings. Hopefully it’s turned green and they’ll lay off the fake food for a little while.
                  Seems like there are quite a few of us in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
                    Seems like there are quite a few of us in this area.

There are! I know of at least 5 or 6 leases with TBH'ers on them real close by... Dang shame there's not a decent place to eat in Mirando City... I'd bet there are a couple dozen TBH'ers within 5-10 miles of Mirando City...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      There are! I know of at least 5 or 6 leases with TBH'ers on them real close by... Dang shame there's not a decent place to eat in Mirando City... I'd bet there are a couple dozen TBH'ers within 5-10 miles of Mirando City...
                      Actually La Pasadita has pretty good food. We eat there quite often

Comment

Maybe we can do a Sept. rendezvous there! I'd be all for that. We are 4 miles down Vaquillas Rd. from 649 and only about 5-6 miles south of Mirando...

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
                          Actually La Pasadita has pretty good food. We eat there quite often

Is that the one that’s inside a store?

Comment

Comment

Is that the one that’s inside a store?
                              Yes. The burgers are good and the beer is self serve!

Comment

We went there one time, can’t remember what I ate but it was a big plate of food, pretty good and not too pricey. I’d be down for a get together down there during season.

Comment

Working...
                                X