Epic Alaska Father Daughter Bear hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Alaska Father Daughter Bear hunt

We just returned from one of the best hunting trips I’ve ever had even though I didn’t bring a bear back. I could not be more proud of the hunter and hunting companion my daughter has become. It is hard to beat the sites and sounds of Alaska. There is beauty and adventure everywhere you look. This trip was much more than just a hunt. To watch the anticipation my daughter has had for the last year has been awesome. Then to see the excitement and smiles she had all week was truly emotional to me. On to the hunt.

I booked the boat for us, my Brother in law and a couple close friends last May. This would be my 3rd trip to Alaska but everyone else’s first. We had great weather and high hopes for some nice bears and big fish. We were not disappointed.

We all had opportunities at bears but we were only able to bring back two for our group. My friend shot a nice bear the second day after a quick stalk on the beach. While we were taking care of it my daughter spotted a giant on the opposite shore line. We quickly made a plan to try to get her on him. We jumped in the skiff like seal team 6, and put the plan into action. We were dropped off about 450yds down the beach and as stealthily as we could we closed the distance hoping he wouldn’t leave the beach before we could get into range. Once we felt we were in her wheel house at about 160yds we waited for him to give us a shot. After a few minutes her turned heading to the brush and she squeezed the trigger. He buckled but then ran into the brush. It was a little after 10pm so light was fading. We gave him a while a took up the track. She not only got a bear but she got a giant. He was a beautiful thick haired 6+ footer with about a 18.5” skull. I’m guessing he weighed 250-300lbs.

We ate well, had many laughs and got to experience some of the most magnificent sights Alaska has to offer.

Congratulations to your daughter and to you! Good job!

Comment

wow that's awesome

Comment

Congrats to you both!

Comment

Amazing

Comment

Ninilchik Charters? Captain Johnny?

Comment

That is all kinds of awesome! Congrats to you and your daughter.

Comment

That had to have been an awesome adventure and memories made for you both! Congrats to your daughter and a good job dad!

Comment

Looks and sounds like a great trip!

Comment

Congratulations to your daughter, just outstanding, and also some great photos.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfoot1 View Post
                      Ninilchik Charters? Captain Johnny?
                      The one and only! Great guy!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                        Congratulations to your daughter, just outstanding, and also some great photos.
                        Ditto....
                        You are truly a fortunate dad..

Comment

Memories made. Congrats to you both on the bear and the huge flounders and reds.

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
                            The one and only! Great guy!
                            I was operations manager for NC last year. I recognized the boat. He’s the best Captain they have, really cares about clients. Glad you had a good trip.

Comment

Congratulations to your daughter.

Comment

Working...
                              X