Natural gas production question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural gas production question

Dad is looking at buying a property that has several gas well pads on it, how often are guys going in to check on the wells?

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    Dad is looking at buying a property that has several gas well pads on it, how often are guys going in to check on the wells?

Do they have production equipment on the pads or just wellheads? Just wellheads may be daily or less with good scada systems.

If you have any kind of facilities or production equipment/compressors/tanks etc. it will be daily or multiple times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a well and a pump pad and it's just about daily for the pump. The well is about every 3-5 days

Comment

Daily to every 3 days depends on location and how they are setup and how much fluid the well makes.

Comment

Is he getting any minerals/royalty ?
          Sure makes it easier to accept the intrusion

Depending on the county and the formation, and the production/operations, it’s hard to
          Talk about the wells and their production future. I wouldn’t let it keep me from buying a good property, but I might want to talk to the operator first. And get a copy of the current lease.

On my lease in Goliad, the pumper came by my blind every morning and the deer barely blinked.

But I would be ready to invest in a locking system that would limit the possibility of it becoming a “public” road

Call or Send me a text if you want to talk about it

Big pig

Comment

Depends if it’s a problem well they may be there every day.

Comment

The thing I would be concerned with would be what kind of condition the pads and associated pipelines are in. Does it look like they keep spills cleaned up properly (if any) and are the pipelines maintained ? Be assured that the pumper will come and go as little as possible because they have multiple wells on their route.

Comment

Daily. We have wells on our farm in North Louisiana, I can have deer eating at the feeder or in the plot, when the well guy drives down the road they often look up and then go back to eating. If they do scurry away the majority come back in a few minutes. Moral of the story for us is the deer get use to them.

Good luck. Don't see production activities slowing down anytime soon. In fact I expect to see service work and stimulation activities on older wells to increase flow at today's high prices. We'll head prices are hovering around $7 for next 10 months and condensate is **** near $100 barrel.

Comment

Yep daily. I service oil and gas wells. Have to inspect compressors every day and look over everything else. Plus oil volumes are recorded, salt water tank levels, check for spills or leaks, and more. There’s additional information that must be gathered daily and a report called in. That’s not a total list of all my tasks. It varies some at different locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    Is he getting any minerals/royalty ?
                    Sure makes it easier to accept the intrusion

Depending on the county and the formation, and the production/operations, it’s hard to
                    Talk about the wells and their production future. I wouldn’t let it keep me from buying a good property, but I might want to talk to the operator first. And get a copy of the current lease.

On my lease in Goliad, the pumper came by my blind every morning and the deer barely blinked.

But I would be ready to invest in a locking system that would limit the possibility of it becoming a “public” road

Call or Send me a text if you want to talk about it

Big pig
                    My son is a pumper and gates are to be locked when they leave, no exceptions.

Comment

As a retired Landman I have heard complaints from landowners for 40 yrs about open and unlocked gates. And the roads not being maintained during wet weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        As a retired Landman I have heard complaints from landowners for 40 yrs about open and unlocked gates. And the roads not being maintained during wet weather.
                        You can usually pick out who has the royalties.

Comment

I'll have a better idea of what is there this weekend, I've only seen satellite photos. Regardless it sounds like there will guys in and out daily. Not sure if its a deal breaker or not. I don't know if mineral rights go with it but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            I'll have a better idea of what is there this weekend, I've only seen satellite photos. Regardless it sounds like there will guys in and out daily. Not sure if its a deal breaker or not. I don't know if mineral rights go with it but I HIGHLY doubt it.
                            Who is the producer and is it even flowing?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
                              My son is a pumper and gates are to be locked when they leave, no exceptions.

Somebody needs to tell out gauger that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X