BEST all round LT tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    Another vote here for Michelins. I’m at 82,500 on the original Michelins that came on the truck. They have always had very good traction in all kinds of weather. They are not an aggressive tread but I don’t do any aggressive off roading anymore so I’m fine with that.
    I've always gotten at least 80K on my Michelins. Their tread life is amazing.

Comment

General Grabber ATX could be the best “all round” and most durable. If your truck doesn’t call for LT then an LT will be way too harsh a ride especially on rocks like the Hill Country. Also a Fox or Bilstien Shock setup will be great too.

The extra plys are a joke to flint rock and I would opt for a softer ride on rocks and rely on “duragen” technology on a pmetric over an LT.

It really depends on what terrain, the weight of your vehicle, intended load range…There is no best !

I can make the case that in Hill country flint and limestone rock street tread has less space between lugs and more of an opportunity to break off stone instead of slipping between the lugs like a knife blade. The street tread with sipes also grip wet rock better.

I get laughed at all the time with my General Grabber HTS-60’s pmetrics at 28lbs but I go everywhere with very little damage. I run these in HARSH conditions and the street tread prevails on flint. The road trip and weather gets them up to about 32lbs but I sit in the middle of the creekbed to drop the pressure back down before I start crawling.

Really, I’ve found rough gravel and flint to be the enemy and otherwise tires make little difference.

MT’s are great in mud while they still have newish tred.
      Last edited by Voodoo; 04-18-2022, 04:12 PM.

Comment

whatever I can afford and not break the bank.

Comment

Ride quality is all about sidewall stiffness, shocks, and a higher profile tire of 70 and up.

Most folk don’t know what their vehicle is capable of from the start with factory stuff.
          Last edited by Voodoo; 04-18-2022, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            In that exact size I ran the Michelin LTX AT2 on my lifted suburban a few years ago and they were amazing. Super quiet, smooth, and I was always shocked how well they did off road.
            This. Have them on my 2014 F150 and they work great on and off road. Mine are on an 18" wheel and started with 16/32", and after 45k I have 11/32" left. LT size

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Michelin LTX

Comment

Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek..

Comment

Michelin LTX is the best tire known to man

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                    I've always gotten at least 80K on my Michelins. Their tread life is amazing.
                    Had simular numbers on my Mich's too

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                      Michelin LTX is the best tire known to man
                      Depends ons what you want to do with them. They ain’t too swuft in snow and they don’t have a rim guard.

Comment

Originally posted by GWHunter View Post
                        Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek..
                        This

Comment

Nitto

Nitto Ridge grapplers unless you plan on hitting snow and ice. Not the best traction for that.

Comment

Thanks for all of the feedback...

Comment

offroad or daily driver?

Comment

Another vote for Michelins.

Comment

Working...
                                X