No announcement yet.

Gas Station Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a hint for anybody wanting fuel at Buccees on I-20 in Terrell… the QT one exit east of there is always cheaper and less congestion.
    If I stop at Buccees it’s for a turkey samich only and that’s what all those empty spots on the side are for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The one at Melissa can be awful on Saturday mornings. At least one car club has scheduled meetings there.

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
        The one at Melissa can be awful on Saturday mornings. At least one car club has scheduled meetings there.

At least 3 there a couple weeks back…all obnoxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
          Just a hint for anybody wanting fuel at Buccees on I-20 in Terrell… the QT one exit east of there is always cheaper and less congestion.
          If I stop at Buccees it’s for a turkey samich only and that’s what all those empty spots on the side are for.

How much cheaper on average would you say? I need to stop by there from now on.

The Terrell buccees is awfully busy. I always stop when heading to the lease to top off fuel, ice and get a snack. It’s exactly as OP described. Plenty of parking spaces available but I would guess 1/3 or more of the pumps have cars parked with people inside shopping. Nothing is hard about fueling up and moving to a parking spot.

It will only get worse as more people move to Texas and as common sense and courtesy continue to leave society.

Comment

I'll only stop at ANY of the big Bucees stores, if it's real early in the morning, or late at night. Any other time, I'll find somewhere else to stop. Saving a few cents on fuel, ain't worth the hassle.

Comment

I only stop if it’s not crowded or I got long John silver belly
              If they ever build one in boerne I might go for ice @ off peak hours

Comment

Well just walked into my first Bucees, in Waller. Impressive place and Attorney general Paxton walked in. I didn’t say hello or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                  How much cheaper on average would you say? I need to stop by there from now on.

The Terrell buccees is awfully busy. I always stop when heading to the lease to top off fuel, ice and get a snack. It’s exactly as OP described. Plenty of parking spaces available but I would guess 1/3 or more of the pumps have cars parked with people inside shopping. Nothing is hard about fueling up and moving to a parking spot.

It will only get worse as more people move to Texas and as common sense and courtesy continue to leave society.

Usually 3-5 cents lower but I have caught it 10 cents cheaper. I fill up there every time I go by there. If you’re pulling a trailer, just fill up at the “big truck” pumps.

Comment

It's not just Bucees. It's most places.

I occasionally will stop at Stripes on Hwy 6 in Bryan. They have 20 pumps. Last time I went there I was literally the only one getting gas. The rest were parked to avoid the rain. And it wasn't even raining that hard. Other times, it happens because it is summertime in Texas. I've learned to just get gas early in the morning.

Comment

Oops! Sorry fellers.
                      Attached Files

Comment

My wife and I stopped at the Bucees in Alabama on our way home from Florida. That place was a MAD HOUSE. We went to pull up to a pump and a car cut me off. They pulled up to the pump, the driver got out, looked at the pump and proceeded to walk inside. I op[en the truck door and hollered at him, "Where are you going?" He said inside. I told him there were parking spaces up front and NOT in front of the pump. He looked at me all crazy, walked over to his car, looked at the pump, looked at his car, opened the door, got in and drove off. That when we noticed the Texas Plates.

I will always call someone out at a busy gas pump when they walk off and keep the pump blocked. Show some manners and etiquette at the pump and in public.

Comment

I was ready to go to jail or this very same topic at Waller on a Saturday......the fuel pumps are simply parking spaces for lazy @#$%ers that cant walk another 50 feet.....

Comment

Gashole: found on urban dictionary

2. Also, a person who leaves his/her car at the pump while he/she goes inside the mini-market to buy coffee and some food, leaving the car behind him to wait until he comes back out and moves his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Oops! Sorry fellers.
                              You sorry son of a…

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                Oops! Sorry fellers.
                                You go Randy.

Comment

Working...
                                X