What's your take on.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
    i partially blame the video games of this era. they shoot and kill in the games and the people get right back up. no sense of mortality at all and a false reality. children are not beng taught that dead is dead,and final.
    parents let tv ,video and phones teach their kids and babysit them.
    Yep. They think life is a game. Young minds are molded by what they see and hear. If you listen to bad things, you'll think bad things. See bad things,think bad things. Bad thoughts become bad actions. It's a snowball effect.

Comment

From what I read it sounds like they dropped kids off at an airbnb and got them a room to celebrate March birthdays. If no adults were there ( which it sounds like there wasn't ) how would that not be child endangerment from the get go?

I'll venture to say if that's the case someone should be held accountable for that at the very least. Instead this is going to turn into one of those guns are bad,nobody should own one type of things. I can see it coming already. We can't address that it was a parenting problem. Have to sweep that one under the rug every time something happens. Can't hurt anyones feelings..

It's odd how any time a person shoots another person it's the guns fault. Every single time. We pin the blame on an inanimate object because nobody wants to take responsibility for the situation. Because reality is too hard to face.

The reality of it is that kids saw two of their family members die because the adults thought it would be a good idea to leave them all alone together.
      Last edited by okrattler; 03-29-2022, 10:39 PM.

Comment

She joined just to say that. Awesome.

Comment

It's a sad and very avoidable tragedy, but this ain't no video game, and dead is dead.
          Has it been reported as to exactly how they came to be in possession of the gun, in the first place? That would be my very first question, because somebody is at fault (whether legally liable or not), for letting that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
            It's a sad and very avoidable tragedy, but this ain't no video game, and dead is dead.
            Has it been reported as to exactly how they came to be in possession of the gun, in the first place? That would be my very first question, because somebody is at fault (whether legally liable or not), for letting that happen.
            I haven't seen anything about that other than it belonged to the 14 year old boy. I thought the same thing as you. It's hard telling if it was bought for him,got it from a friend or heck it may have been stolen. It's hard to say but I think if someone had bought it for him and seeing how he was not old enough to be carrying that thing I'd think it could mean trouble for someone.

Sad situation and I think you're right. Seems like you hear more and more about young kids committing suicide and things of that nature. I don't think they have the mental capacity to cope with things or fully understand death.

But when exactly did that change? I think I pretty much understood death from a fairly young age as I'm sure you could too. So when did things change? It's mind boggling to think about.
            Last edited by okrattler; 03-30-2022, 09:37 AM.

Comment

12 YO? Loaded gun available? Sad for sure, and the parents will live this forever.

Got my first firearm on my 12th birthday. Got to keep it and the ammo in my room. wherever I wanted to keep it. Difference between me and these kids is that I was taught at a young age to respect firearms. Through teaching, experiencing them and good ole @$$ whuppins probably, I learned to use firearms in a safe manner before I was blessed with one of my own. I gotta think a lotta kids do not get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about guns these days.
              Last edited by locolobo; 03-30-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                12 YO? Loaded gun available? Sad for sure, and the parents will live this forever.

Got my first firearm on my 12th birthday. Got to keep it and the ammo in my room. wherever I wanted to keep it. Difference between me and these kids is that I was taught at a young age to respect firearms. Through teaching, experiencing them and good ole @$$ whuppins probably, I learned to use firearms in a safe manner before I was blessed with one of my own. I gotta think a lotta kids do not get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about guns these days.
                I agree. Especially in homes where guns aren't present. Guns probably just aren't talked about. And if there are guns in the home they shouldn't be kept a secret because if they become something that's kept hidden and never talked about that's only incentive for a kid to get it out and jack with it when their parents aren't home.

Comment

Unfortunately people ignorantly screw around with guns. I watched a video study that was to observe when 4 and 5 year olds were able to find a gun. IIRC there were two kids that had been exposed to guns by their parents. They refused to touch the guns and went looking for an adult to tell them there was a gun. All of the other kids picked up the gun and played with it.
                  Nowdays there is also a gang element involved with many kids, mostly the urban ones, and I don't understand any of that culture. As I understand it much of the music today has violence in it, fortunately for me I can't understand the words in those.

Comment

Nothing new, look up the 60 minutes story on the remington trigger recall, two boys were horsing around and it went bad, you don't treat guns like that ever.

Comment

Is the video still available somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                      X