Custom ammo?? Who to contact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBT View Post
    I would choose a fast 7 if it were my hunt. I’m looking forward to following your trip. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for quite awhile.
    I ordered some of the Copper Creek 168 grain Bergers to play with.. I will be honest I like that 160-170 range as I dont want to be tracking stuff lol

Comment

Copper creek has been marginal at best for me. Disclaimer I only tried their 22 creed ammo in alpha brass. 3/4” or so. Wasn’t impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Copper creek has been marginal at best for me. Disclaimer I only tried their 22 creed ammo in alpha brass. 3/4” or so. Wasn’t impressed.
        Their 140 Accubond ammo has been tiny little groups out to 300 (furthest I’ve shot it) out of my APR .280ai.

I sent them my APR 7 Roy for custom load development a few years ago and it is sub .5” at 100 if I do my part. Don’t give up on em if you need something in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
          Their 140 Accubond ammo has been tiny little groups out to 300 (furthest I’ve shot it) out of my APR .280ai.

I sent them my APR 7 Roy for custom load development a few years ago and it is sub .5” at 100 if I do my part. Don’t give up on em if you need something in the future.
          Noted for sure. I was surprised. Always heard good

Comment

If you are in the DFW area there is a gentleman who does load development in Hunt County-- well trusted, I've taken his class and shot at his range... and I've seen the results of his handloaded 7RM-- (175 ELDX)-- and I know he's got what you need. Be happy to put you in touch- shoot me a PM.

Comment

Also- I have used Chad @ Dallas Reloads for load development and just off the shelf ammo with great results (6.5cm, 257wby, 308 and 10mm)

If he has it in stock it's a good option so I'd shoot him an email.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Will Watson
                  (830) 486-8415
                  Evolved munitions
                  He will take your gun and build the best load per your choice of bullet. He got my APR shooting just about single holes.

Comment

Ditto on Will.

Comment

I use copper creek for all my ammo. Shooting sub moa in the 3 apr rifles I shoot them with. If they do not have them for a listed round you are looking for, I would suggest getting on the email list for that particular round. Usually takes around 2-3 months but you will have to be quick once the email is sent.

Comment

Hendershots does all mine from small caliber to nitro express size

Comment

Another Vote for Hendershots. Absolutely top notch ammo. I wasn’t impressed with copper creek even though many of y’all have been. Maybe it was a one off box or my rifle just didn’t like it. Also, hendershots customer service has always been a pleasure to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Unless you do it yourself or send your gun to someone to have a load developed for YOUR gun, it's just luck of the draw when you find something that shoots well. Just because it doesn't shoot well in your rifle doesn't mean its "bad" ammo. A 24" sporter barrel will tune completely differently than a 20" heavy running the same powder/bullet combo. Just spending more for high end ammo will not tune the ammo to your system. It just buys you better components. Most of the places mentioned will send test packs out on request with different charge weights and seating depths. This is a much better option than just buying "a box" of ammo from them and calling it done. You will likely find something that is closer to being in tune with your system and gets the job done. Or you could just end the rifle to someone like Lonnie at Superior Ammo and KNOW it's going to perform to its potential when you get it back.

Comment

Working...
                            X