My brother got him Sunday afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Next best thing to you killing him. On to the next one!! Beautiful deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
      My brother got him Sunday afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      Beautiful buck! Looks like he's been eating honey locust beans and grew the tree out of his head. Very nice!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This weather flat out sucks, I broke a sweat carrying my bow 200 yards this morning in a t-shirt.
          We did need the rain though.

Saturday when the wind flips it should be a good couple of days in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
            This weather flat out sucks, I broke a sweat carrying my bow 200 yards this morning in a t-shirt.
            We did need the rain though.

Saturday when the wind flips it should be a good couple of days in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Yeah we haven’t even had a frost. Still plenty of green stuff for the deer to eat without having too move much.

Comment

Yea it's bad here but at my place in deep South Texas, it's in the 90's almost every day!! Sure takes the wind out of my hunting sails... Mornings are OK for a little while... Evenings, it doesn't cool down until WAY after legal shooting time... Been using my DeWalt 20V fan for evening hunts still!!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Yeah we haven’t even had a frost. Still plenty of green stuff for the deer to eat without having too move much.
                Folks are going to hang onto this “deer have too much to eat” thing forever. It’s mid December, whether it’s warm, cold or woods loaded with acorns the deer sightings in east Texas are going to be down for another couple weeks. It happens every single year and it will happen again next year and the year after that….

Comment

Came back into add 80° plus temperatures are definitely not helping if you are still deer hunting. I was at my place yesterday and man, it was like summer.

Comment

Watched 2 bucks standing on their back legs eating the fire out of Youpon Monday morning. The woods is loaded with browse for deer right now. But they are still pounding the feed to so go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      Watched 2 bucks standing on their back legs eating the fire out of Youpon Monday morning. The woods is loaded with browse for deer right now. But they are still pounding the feed to so go figure.
                      I was always under the impression youpon was pretty far down on the deer’s preferred browse list? Lord knows I sure have plenty of it on my place.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                        I was always under the impression youpon was pretty far down on the deer’s preferred browse list? Lord knows I sure have plenty of it on my place.
                        I agree. Was the first time I had seen it myself. At first I thought they were after the red berries but then watched for twenty minutes them eating the lower leaves as well

Comment

I agree. Was the first time I had seen it myself. At first I thought they were after the red berries but then watched for twenty minutes them eating the lower leaves as well
                          I was going to ask you if maybe there was some kind of vine mixed in that Yaupon, but it sounds like they were actually eating the Yaupon. Crazy. If a deer decided all it wanted to eat is Yaupon, it would not have to move 5 feet in a day in some places on my land. Never mind standing on their back legs!

I would not be surprised seeing what you saw in the say late February or very early March but that has to be odd for December? There still are acorns in some limited areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                            I was going to ask you if maybe there was some kind of vine mixed in that Yaupon, but it sounds like they were actually eating the Yaupon. Crazy. If a deer decided all it wanted to eat is Yaupon, it would not have to move 5 feet in a day in some places on my land. Never mind standing on their back legs!

I would not be surprised seeing what you saw in the say late February or very early March but that has to be odd for December? There still are acorns in some limited areas.
                            Yes after watching I decided I should have videoed so others would believe it. This is a capture from video after they stopped eating and started to move on. You can see the Yaupon in the background.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Dang! That buck looks like he's starvin' to death!! He's pooooor!!

Comment

Yes after watching I decided I should have videoed so others would believe it. This is a capture from video after they stopped eating and started to move on. You can see the Yaupon in the background.
                                I have also seen doe's eat on the Beautyberry's.

I think they are on their last resort when eating those two.

Or maybe craving another nutrient of some sort.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X