No announcement yet.

Is Spypoint a good trail camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three guys have used them at our place, only one is still running them. I think you have about a 50% chance of them working correctly. Good luck!

Comment

We just put 1 out at our place in Cherokee County on Saturday and we love it so far. Pictures are clear and reaction time is quick.

Comment

NO! too much experience to type it all. Just stay away

Comment

Hate to read the stuff above, I just got one and its been running flawlessly since mid-September. Spypoint Micro-Link LTE. I used the Lithium Ion batteries and its been running like a top, haven't touched it once since I turned it on in the field. Even operating very well with only a 25% signal way out in West TX.

ac

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
            I had 5 and all 5 quit on me. 4 of them died when the batteries died, I put in new batteries and they never worked again
            This. Mine will take pictures and save them but never transmit anymore.

Super frustrating. They work great for a little while.

Comment

I currently run 8. I’ve had 2 go bad but they lasted 2 seasons. The newer models have better battery life than before, so that has improved. Biggest complaint I have is the picture quality isn’t the greatest but they get the job done. Black Friday deals you can get two of them with memory cards for $139…. Can’t beat $70 bucks for a cell cam . I like the photo quality of tactacam but the price of spypoint …

Comment

I have 2 Spypoint Micro-Link LTE-S. No issues. I'm 6.5 hrs away, and I love how I never have to touch them, literally. I get pictures to my phone and they charge via solar. Had 1 for a year and 2nd for maybe 4 months.

That being said, there may be better cell cameras.

Comment

had to return and go to browning seems to be doing the job.

Comment

I bought one last August 2020 and had problems from the get go. They sent me 3 different cameras under warranty and the last one only lasted less than 2 months. I also bought one of their spy link cameras and it only lasted about 8 months. Don’t waste your money on these. Junk.

Comment

I have the Cell Link for non wireless cams. They work great for a little while then I get crazy pictures - like every 45 seconds in daylight. Thousands of pictures of nothing. Then they stop sending pictures.

I'll spend my money on Coverts. I recently bought a used Covert from another TBHer and when I put it up the photos were blurry. I cleaned the lenses multiple times. And, I also noted that it did not take pictures of animals that were within 20 yards. I called Covert, sent the camera in for repair and 10 days later I had a brand new camera. Plus, the additional cameras added to the wireless plan are only $7. The first one is $11.99 for 5,000 pictures per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                        Hate to read the stuff above, I just got one and its been running flawlessly since mid-September. Spypoint Micro-Link LTE. I used the Lithium Ion batteries and its been running like a top, haven't touched it once since I turned it on in the field. Even operating very well with only a 25% signal way out in West TX.

ac
                        We'll see you back here in a few months, most likely singing a different tune.

I had a few that worked flawlessly until they didn't.
                        Last edited by Hoggslayer; 11-23-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Don't like spypoint. Currently running Tactacams and cannot say enough good things about their customer service.

Comment

NO - buy a Spartan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              Anybody?
                              No, No, and NO. Get a Tactacam Reveal X.

Comment

No juke.

Comment

Working...
                                X