We Bought a Home and Property - “Tres Hijas!”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    Michael, if the vent on the wood stove was an issue. Let me ask, is the stove to be used to heating the home?

I know Barndos are super efficient.

If it is to be used to heat, I would recommend a pellet stove. It needs a very small vent 2" that can be put into a elbow and does not have the ash, dust and all the work cutting and splitting, stacking, hauling wood brings. Fill the hopper up and leave it alone. Wood stoves for heat, depending on size, every 4-6 hours have to add more wood and the dust factor. Pellet stoves create very very little ash.

Just a thought.

It won’t be our primary heat source. It’s more for ambiance, and it came with the house. I like the looks and I don’t think it will be too difficult to rerun the pipe. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Awesome deal, congrats to the family!

Comment

Congratulations on the new piece of Heaven, it looks great.

Comment

Very Nice ! Congrats ! Remember "beer and ribs days" are lots of free labor, just say'in !

Comment

Michael, remember if you plan to get big trophies (Elk, Caribou, Moose, etc.) you'll need a double door into that living room to get them inside... Know a guy that killed a Booner elk, had it mounted then could not get it inside his house! Of course now a days, if you're not worried about maintaining an "official" status of a real Booner, you can have the antlers removable...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Michael, remember if you plan to get big trophies (Elk, Caribou, Moose, etc.) you'll need a double door into that living room to get them inside... Know a guy that killed a Booner elk, had it mounted then could not get it inside his house! Of course now a days, if you're not worried about maintaining an "official" status of a real Booner, you can have the antlers removable...

I didn’t think about that, although I have thought about using this as my “trophy wall.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats Michael et al! I am following this closely,as it looks like I will be engaged in a barndominium renovation soon. I have a pending contract on 4.5 acres, and are supposed to close next week. Definitely see some wall moving and renovation in my future.
                After we close I am going to start cleaning the outside. Seems the previous owner had a welding/construction business and there is a lot of material laying around that I need to assess before it is snake season.

Comment

I don't understand why people name their places with Mexican names. Both ranches on each side of me did this. How about Shorty's Ranch? Jmo. Congrats on a nice place I know y'all will enough it. Nothing much better than owning your own place. Now the work begins.

Comment

Congrats on the new place.

Comment

Awesome, Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations! I need to.talk my family into moving out of the city.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                          Great place for the next Bownanza !
                          Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          So this is where nanza 2021 is gonna be

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          I mentioned that on FB the other day as well.

And I see a great spot for Team Mudbug!! lol

Congrats boss and boss lady.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Tierras Mujeres!!! Great Score and keep us updated.

Comment

Continued Blessings to y'all!

Comment

Working...
                                X