Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottFW View Post
    Order just went down for my son:

Tier 1
    6.5 PRC
    1:7.5 twist
    24"
    Gill brake
    Dark tungsten Cerakote
    AG Composite's house camo pattern (like the ones on pg 1 of this thread) but dark gray/light gray

Spoiled brat...
    Now you have me thinking. Was gonna go with the more urban one. White and gray but that dark and light gray sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
      Well it's done.

Tier-1
      280 AI
      24in 1:9 twist bbl
      I went for a dark/light grey variant of the Desert night pattern on the stock with the darker grey on the receiver/bbl tips
      All the cool kids are doing it.

Comment

All the cool kids are doing it.
        Better join the club I guess

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
          Now you have me thinking. Was gonna go with the more urban one. White and gray but that dark and light gray sounds awesome.
          Robert was going to talk to AG and see if they would do it. If not his painter would.

Comment

Robert was going to talk to AG and see if they would do it. If not his painter would.
            Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.
              Just helping out the other cool kids.

Comment

Any idea what the weight will be on a tier 2 24" barrel with the ratchet flying? My scope will add a bit over a pound.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                  Did you go with the 24 or 26?

Thanks!
                  Haven't got mine ordered just yet. Still working out some details but leaning towards the 24" as well. Cut off a few ounces and be able to handle the 24" a little better than the 26".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Order just went down for my son:

Tier 1
                    6.5 PRC
                    1:7.5 twist
                    24"
                    Gill brake
                    Dark tungsten Cerakote
                    AG Composite's house camo pattern (like the ones on pg 1 of this thread) but dark gray/light gray

Spoiled brat...
                    Just curious why 1:7.5? Sounds awfully fast for the round

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Leaves some breathing room for 150 gr + bullets down the road, and gains a few BC points on bullets available now. Really no reason not to go 1-7.5 on the medium capacity 6.5s unless you don't plan on shooting anything over 140 gr

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        Leaves some breathing room for 150 gr + bullets down the road, and gains a few BC points on bullets available now. Really no reason not to go 1-7.5 on the medium capacity 6.5s unless you don't plan on shooting anything over 140 gr
                        Hmm interesting I thought 1:8 was the go to for heavies. My 1:8.5 in saum handles up to 147 for sure so just seemed odd.

Comment

Hmm interesting I thought 1:8 was the go to for heavies. My 1:8.5 in saum handles up to 147 for sure so just seemed odd.
                          The 147 does great at SAUM speeds in an 8 twist. I don't doubt an 8.5 stabilizes it well for a good distance too. You can start to see a difference at distance with the 150 SMK. The 7.5 twist most certainly benefits that bullet. I'm guessing if Berger ever enters the 155/156 in the market the 7.5 will be the standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            The 147 does great at SAUM speeds in an 8 twist. I don't doubt an 8.5 stabilizes it well for a good distance too. You can start to see a difference at distance with the 150 SMK. The 7.5 twist most certainly benefits that bullet. I'm guessing if Berger ever enters the 155/156 in the market the 7.5 will be the standard.
                            Makes sense I guess me being in short action I won’t worry about those coming out anyway

Comment

Obviously Robert does a much better job of answering these kinds of questions but from a user's perspective, and being hunters and not target shooters, having the option to use a variety of bullet weights is appealing. I did the same thing with last year's TBH rifle opting for a 1:8 twist in a 7RM and it has worked out well.

Comment

I've seen a few on this thread looking for premium 300WM brass. I was very lucky to find some at retail cost so I'm set for a while.

Here's some of what I found for Nosler. Nothing listed for Norma on GB at this time.

I don't need any more, but this one is very tempting.

Buy 300 win mag brass online at GunBroker.com, the world's largest gun auction site. GunBroker.com has 300 win mag brass for sale from thousands of trusted sellers.

Comment

Working...
                                X