2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
    Went with some buddies last Sunday to matagorda. We caught fish most of the day but it was non stop for the last 2 hours. My buddy Jeff caught his PB trout. 30 1/16” 9 lbs.
    Pig!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice trout

Comment

Big ol' trout!
        East I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
          Here it is guys! New year new thread!! I for one am definitely looking forward to this new year, and am ready to get after the fish!

I don’t normally have any New Years resolutions, but I found one I can get behind! [/IMG]

Let’s get this thread going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I can definitely get behind that list too!

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
          Went with some buddies last Sunday to matagorda. We caught fish most of the day but it was non stop for the last 2 hours. My buddy Jeff caught his PB trout. 30 1/16” 9 lbs.

That’s a dang nice trout!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            Added to the arsenal today.

How do you like them? Been trying to talk myself into buying one from hunter for a few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              How do you like them? Been trying to talk myself into buying one from hunter for a few years.

I really like them so far. I have never fished with them but have a bunch of friends that swear by them. The black rod is the light action, Hunter doesn’t have a name for it yet, the green rod is the middle man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                I really like them so far. I have never fished with them but have a bunch of friends that swear by them. The black rod is the light action, Hunter doesn’t have a name for it yet, the green rod is the middle man.

Nice. I used Corders when both of my 13 rods broke and liked it. But it was a caster set up, i prefer to throw spinning 7'-7'6 ML.
                I have a waterloo, castaway, and a cabelas rod i mainly use now, when one dies I'll probably give him a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  Nice. I used Corders when both of my 13 rods broke and liked it. But it was a caster set up, i prefer to throw spinning 7'-7'6 ML.
                  I have a waterloo, castaway, and a cabelas rod i mainly use now, when one dies I'll probably give him a call.

They are 6’6” and 6’6”. I have a broken Waterloo I need to send back.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                    Went and picked up the new boat today.. when I got to work Tuesday night they informed us we would be on 12s for a month.. I guess I'll get all my stuff ready for when I get off..

I'm not sure why my picture isnt showing up. H

Oh well

If you want, text it to me and I’ll post it.
                    8three2 334 three4two4

Comment

As I get older I have learned to listen to my body. The past couple days I have found myself wanting to add salt to my food so, it’s time to get salty! I am going to do everything I can to head south in the next few days. I need to clear my head anyway.

Comment

few of the buddies made mention of taking a short weekend trip down soon.. 2 have never been and 2 have only been once.. i went to surfside last summer and had a blast. any recommendations on best place to go to just surf fish for a couple days? we want to make it cheap, so may just tent camp on the beach.. not looking for monster fish.. mainly be a good weekend getaway and catch a few while down.. its a 5 hr drive, so want to make it worth it..

Comment

Went gigging the other night, calm winds and low tides.
                          Stuck a limit, up to 18”. Fishes some lights in the ditch and only caught dinks.

Should be off this weekend, and hoping to wade a day or 2.

Comment

When we got into the sheephead, it didn’t take long to get our limit!

Comment

Ahhhh Michael, the old "Sweet Bay Snapper"... Those suckers can sure tear up some tackle!! Fun to catch tho. Sure beats getting skunked!

Comment

In.

Comment

Working...
                                X