No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck a Big Boar this Eve about 5:45 i know i hit him pretty good because he stumbled a couple times before he hit the thick ragweed(bloodweed) going back in the morning to try and track him but it sounded like he crashed and i marked the area!!! i was by myself and was a sounder of prob 50 in there. did not want to blow them out!!!! so yes i found them again. lol Will post pics if we find him in the morn!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
      Stuck a Big Boar this Eve about 5:45 i know i hit him pretty good because he stumbled a couple times before he hit the thick ragweed(bloodweed) going back in the morning to try and track him but it sounded like he crashed and i marked the area!!! i was by myself and was a sounder of prob 50 in there. did not want to blow them out!!!! so yes i found them again. lol Will post pics if we find him in the morn!
      Dude, quit playing. There are no pigs in Granger.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Speedgoat; 11-16-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

lol. got My work out this Eve put 5 Miles in. Sore finger!!!!!

Comment

Yeah dude- quit playing. You don’t shoot boar’s anyways and I think there were only sow tags left at Dutchess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

should still be good if i find him early. what do yall think???

Comment

Straps

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Only one way to find out buddy.

Comment

Yes, no doubt. It was in the 40's. But its gonna heat up quick today.. Sounds like their stacked up in sore finger again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man if you cook it like you did that one at Pepper's it cant be bad!!!

I have dreams about that pork... haha

Comment

So you’re saying it was a medium sized pig and there were five in there?

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

Yawrp, cook 'em up!

Comment

I got a canoe in Jarrell if you need it to find him.

Comment

This has been a great read; I can't help but think that cgcples12 is eloquently trolling everyone!

The fact of the matter is this; there is no such thing as real time intelligence at Granger, unless you are there when it happens.

I can see 100 pigs at Florida point and tell everyone in the universe about what I saw, and in the ten minutes it takes you to get there they will be gone. Are there places with higher odds? Yes. But you are as likely to see a pig at Sore Finger as you are at Willis Creek on any given day.

Are there tricks to up your odds? Yes. But you are just as likely to see one getting out of the truck at No. 7 as you are still hunting the flats on any given day.

I've been hunting out there since 1991, and many others for much longer, and the pigs still throw you for a loop every single time you go.

I'm sorry you walked for miles and didn't see anything and then was laid up because of it; but that's no fault of anyone on this board. You chose to make the walk. Additionally, someone could have given you the hottest spot of the day and you STILL might have walked for miles and not seen anything and still been laid up.

The fact is, unless you're Carnage or Chief, there is no secret sauce to hunting Granger! Every single person on this board is willing to hunt with anyone out there, all you have to do is make the effort.

The reason I say "You gotta go to know" is that every bit of information posted on the internet about pig locations and tactics is wrong, even if it was correct when you were there.

There is no formula for Granger, some tactics work some days and not others, some locations are hot some days and not others. Granger is PHD level pig hunting; reading about a hot spot on the internet and then going out there expecting to see, or kill, a pig is folly.

It's an odds game, the more you are out there, the higher the odds you will see or kill a pig. There is no secret the "elders" or the "elite" or the "home crew" or the "Granger Rangers" know that others don't.

We just hunt more, period.

May the odds be ever in your favor...

PS, If you want a crash course in Granger, come to GRXH; I promise you will see more pigs and cover more ground than at any other time. Yes, we have a wild time, but we hunt our butts of while we are there. You will learn more hunting with the veterans of Granger and have virtually unfettered access via power boats to the entire lake.

Comment

Man... maybe CG really is trolling us all.

If so that's some masterful trolling, he better come to GRXH, I'll pack out his hog!

And by that I mean I will carry out any feral mammal of the species Sus Scrofa he manages to kill at GRXH....

So long as he has his hog tags.
                              Last edited by Jspradley; 11-19-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Who’s ready for zip the balls on the honkey....haha I’ve been laughing about this for days

Comment

Working...
                                X