Buck hit...can’t find him...ug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any stock tanks around?
    the one I shot 2 yrs ago ran about 200 yds and into a stock tank; found him floating in 5' of water.

Comment

No tanks...but there is a creek.

So, I just got off the phone with Dustin...he referred me to a Wade Anders...he put my anxiety at a bit of ease saying the rain doesn’t mess with the trail for these dogs. I guess Wade has a Rhodesian Ridgeback who’s pretty special. So there’s still a chance. FYI, $100 to try...and if recovered, it’s another $200. If recovered, this will be the most expensive hunt i’ve gone on, cuz he’s going on the wall too. Ha.

Comment

Heck yeah! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post

So, I just got off the phone with Dustin...he referred me to a Wade Anders...he put my anxiety at a bit of ease saying the rain doesn’t mess with the trail for these dogs. I guess Wade has a Rhodesian Ridgeback who’s pretty special. So there’s still a chance. FYI, $100 to try...and if recovered, it’s another $200. If recovered, this will be the most expensive hunt i’ve gone on, cuz he’s going on the wall too. Ha.
          Great to hear. In for the conclusion.

Rwc

Comment

in for the pictures

Comment

Shoulda just shot the pigs that were there in the dark...nobody cares if you don’t find those...ha.

Comment

Faith in the dogs bruh

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post

Being ignorant to dog tracking myself (only done it once), I found out opening weekend that its actually better when it 's not Hot / dry out, it keeps the scent on the ground. Apparently dry / hot conditions are not good for the dog tracking route.

Comment

Wade has a good dog, Kip if I remember right (don't remember it being a ridgeback though). Should be good to go if he can make it out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck recovery him man in for the LDPs

Comment

Hot and dry conditions are way worse than cool and wet. A couple years ago we trailed up a buck after a downpour, and I mean flooding roads kind of rain. I told the guy we probably wouldn't find it since he only had white hair at the hit site. Once Rowdy got off the barren ground and hit brush she went straight to the buck and bayed him. A little rain helps. A lot of mud can be bad because it cakes to the deer's feet.

Comment

Good Luck.....

Comment

Good luck in for recovery

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone...so the drama continues...Wade can’t make it (with Kip)...Dustin started to refer me to someone else...and I told him I had already chatted with that guy and he wasn’t terribly interested in coming out.

Dustin wasn’t having that...he said “some of these people don’t get it...you’re either tracking or not”!! He said if he has to load up and drive 2hours out here he would...but he was gunna keep trying to find someone closer. So far, Dustin’s my man!!! Super nice and seems to have a passion for tracking!!!

Stay tuned...there’s still hope!

Oh, and yes, Dustin said this is actually good weather for it...which goes to show how limited we are as humans....I couldn’t find a THING...and he said, “no worries, these dogs will find him” #greatness!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X