AC question for Ford guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC question for Ford guys?

Wife’s 2014 Expedition- ac is cold and blows normal in the back seat areas, but the vents on the front seat dash are dead, not blowing. It’s like the vents are closed, but they aren’t, just no ac coming out. Anybody?

Forgot to add this- ac came back on and worked fine couple days later, but now it’s back to not blowing.

Comment

Wife's suburban ac will not work the AC dampers when battery is weak. May want to check the electrical charging system.

Comment

is air coming out the dash, or is everything dead? Could be a fan speed controller.

Comment

Youtube 2014 expedition rear air. Lots of info.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Youtube 2014 expedition rear air. Lots of info.

Yeah YouTube is your friend
            same issues with edges
            There is a control module behind the dash if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nothing coming out the dashboard vents, but backseat vents are blowing fine and cold.

Comment

The front vents are being bypassed. Sounds like a module malfunction that controls which vents are to be open.

Comment

Does the expedition have dual ac's? My daughters older one had a blower in the back they replaced.

You still have my number? call me.

Comment

It has 2 motors one under the dash passenger side just off the floor up against the fire wall on the far right and one in the back behind panel over the back passenger side wheel

I’ve had to replace the back on in my wife’s expedition and the front one in my truck, both fords both around that time frame.

If it’s the motor you can bump it and if it’s hung up it usually will run for a bit.

The back one is easy to replace, the front one is pretty tough to get in and out, but you can bump it to see if it’s the motor.
                    Last edited by Dugie; 08-26-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Sounds like front blower motor have you checked for a blown fuse

Comment

Working...
                      X