Covert cam new plans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert cam new plans.

Good news for those of you using a mix of at&t and Verizon cams. I remember asking them about this end of last year and they mentioned they would be be considering doing this. Haven’t looked at prices yet, but thought I’d mention this

Sounds like a good idea in case one carrier has no signal where the other does. Right now I'm running 6 cams. All ATT though.

Swapping poles..... Covert told me my
    ATT 3G cams will work through 2022 ! Makes those three 3G Code Black cams I bought off TBH last year for $50ea a lil more of a bargain!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
      Sounds like a good idea in case one carrier has no signal where the other does. Right now I'm running 6 cams. All ATT though.

ATT 3G cams will work through 2022 ! Makes those three 3G Code Black cams I bought off TBH last year for $50ea a lil more of a bargain!
      I have a AT&T 3g hasn't worked in a while. I may give a Covert a shout out to see if I can get it working. I actually got a better signal with it at the lease I hunt than the two 4g I have, although they did build a new tower close and I get 50%-90% signal now. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Covert cam new plans.

Wow on the 3GS ... they told me ATT was going to be shutting down towers starting 1/2020 and it might be a bit before they got them all down. ... hopefully your tower stays up as long as they told you. I still have one 3g camera and it’s still rocking. I keep waiting for it to be inactivated.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Wow on the 3GS ... they told me ATT was going to be shutting down towers starting 1/2020 and it might be a bit before they got them all down. ... hopefully your tower stays up as long as they told you. I still have one 3g camera and it’s still rocking. I keep waiting for it to be inactivated.

I called Spartan yesterday and asked how long I could expect my AT&T 3g cameras to work and she said AT&T isn’t planning to even start killing 3g until 2022. She says they may not do it then.

Comment

My Snyper ATT 3G quit about 2 months ago.

Comment

ATT 3G cams will work through 2022 !
              Makes those three 3G Code Black cams I bought off TBH last year for $50ea a lil more of a bargain!
              Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              I called Spartan yesterday and asked how long I could expect my AT&T 3g cameras to work and she said AT&T isn’t planning to even start killing 3g until 2022. She says they may not do it then.
              Well that's some BS and a half for us that upgraded lol
              Should've keep my 3G ones

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Well that's some BS and a half for us that upgraded lol
                Should've keep my 3G ones

Agreed....glad I kept mine.....

Comment

Sounds like nobody knows what the truth is....not even ATT

Comment

For the guys running lots of cameras they got rid of the 40,000 pic a month option but added an unlimited option for $20/month but each additional camera is another $20/month. If I switched to the new plan it would almost triple my cost for my 11 cameras. Brutal. Hopefully they let me stick with my old plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Sounds like nobody knows what the truth is....not even ATT
                      I think that’s pretty accurate. The story from AT&T on 3g has changed pretty frequently. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I concur.

This is what Covert told me ^^^^^.

I'm running 1 cam for $25 for 3 months, then added 4 more for $15ea per 3 months. Unlimited pics.
                        Dont actually have #6 out yet.

Comment

Looks like the old plans are no longer offered but I'm guessing we're grandfathered so that we can keep what we have until we cancel it.

There is no distinction between AT&T and Verizon under the new plans, which should be nice for those of us running both. I don't see where it lists a price per camera under the new plans?

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
                            Looks like the old plans are no longer offered but I'm guessing we're grandfathered so that we can keep what we have until we cancel it.

There is no distinction between AT&T and Verizon under the new plans, which should be nice for those of us running both. I don't see where it lists a price per camera under the new plans?
                            Update: Per Covert, all of the new plans are $5/mo for each additional camera. This is regardless of whether your plan is monthly, quarterly, or annually. Didn't ask but I'm guessing you pay the price per camera all at once rather than monthly. So for the annual plan, I'm guessing it's $60 up front for each additional camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
                              Update: Per Covert, all of the new plans are $5/mo for each additional camera. This is regardless of whether your plan is monthly, quarterly, or annually. Didn't ask but I'm guessing you pay the price per camera all at once rather than monthly. So for the annual plan, I'm guessing it's $60 up front for each additional camera.
                              That $5 per camera add on is true for all plans with the exception of the unlimited plan, which is $20 per month per camera.

If you're on the monthly plan, you pay for the additional cameras monthly. Quarterly, you pay quarterly. Annual, you pay annually.

If you use the link posted up above and scroll through the drop downs of the different plans it will show you how the add on cameras are priced off to the left.

Comment

Working...
                              X