Tree Stand Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Stand Pack

Hey guys, this is going to be my 2nd year hunting public land. I learned a lot this past season especially with starting so late. I had bought academy branded climbing sticks and tree stand and learned very fast that I HATED them because they were so heavy and didn't pack easy. When I hike in for a hunt I generally walk as far in as I can before hanging my stand so I'm looking at purchasing the lonewolf assault 2 and some hawk helium sticks. My question is about backpacks to carry everything in. I have a cheap backpack now and plan to upgrade and have been looking at the badlands super day pack and some cabelas branded one but was open to suggestions on other packs that would work well and help me beable to carry in the essential snacks, water and hunting gear. Thanks for any info!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I use the Badlands Monster Waist Pack.

I have learned over the years that I don’t need half the crap in my pack. This pack holds everything I need, as well as snacks and a bottle of water. Also has a small bladder. It works great, because it sits low on the back (in the lumbar) so it is not cumbersome to pack in my stand and sticks on my back as well.

Comment

Very similar to Sleepy. I carried an actual backpack strapped to stand for a while. Now I Pack in a Badlands waist pack - nano (I think).

Comment

And get rid of that heavy stand and sticks!! If you want to be mobile, you’ve got to pony up the $$$ if you want to enjoy your outings. I use the Assault II also and love it. Platform could be bigger, but, it’s all in compromise. It works great for me. I use the lone wolf sticks also with the rope mods. Lightweight and easy to get into a tree. It’s not quite as fast as climbers, but it will go into trees that climbers can’t.

And if you get the Lone Wolf, go ahead and get the thick seat cushion for it. It makes all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          And get rid of that heavy stand and sticks!! If you want to be mobile, you’ve got to pony up the $$$ if you want to enjoy your outings. I use the Assault II also and love it. Platform could be bigger, but, it’s all in compromise. It works great for me. I use the lone wolf sticks also with the rope mods. Lightweight and easy to get into a tree. It’s not quite as fast as climbers, but it will go into trees that climbers can’t.

And if you get the Lone Wolf, go ahead and get the thick seat cushion for it. It makes all the difference.
          What pack do you use to carry everything in? I'm about to pull the trigger on the stand and sticks lol. Pretty sure my girlfriend is gonna hate me for it because I've already invested 1200 bucks on getting all new camo and boots [emoji1787] but I learned after this season being cold is no fun and neither is being wet

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
            What pack do you use to carry everything in? I'm about to pull the trigger on the stand and sticks lol. Pretty sure my girlfriend is gonna hate me for it because I've already invested 1200 bucks on getting all new camo and boots [emoji1787] but I learned after this season being cold is no fun and neither is being wet

Lol, it’s a buy once cry once type of deal. At least for many years.

See my post above on the pack I use.

Comment

Steps are strapped to my Lone Wolf stand and the stand is connected to outside of my Osprey pack. I use the bed roll straps around base of treestand and tie 2 strings from top of stand to top carry handle on bag.

Bag carries my water bladder and any other crap I can stuff into it.
              Works great with adjustable straps and nice waist belt.

Comment

I have grown tired of carrying everything in with stands of all types over the years. Planning on switching over to a saddle. Probably going to pull the trigger on a Tethrd Phantom here soon. Really looking to reduce how much weight I am having to lug around for the hike in.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                  I have grown tired of carrying everything in with stands of all types over the years. Planning on switching over to a saddle. Probably going to pull the trigger on a Tethrd Phantom here soon. Really looking to reduce how much weight I am having to lug around for the hike in.
                  I enjoyed my saddle the short time that I had/used it but I found that I liked my tree stand better. I do like that that the tree saddle is more mobile though

Comment

I'd think that a cheap frame pack(Kelty Cache Hauler) would work great for packing stands/sticks. If you want a nicer one, a Mystery Ranch frame with a load panel or a bag like the Mule would be a good setup too.

Comment

I hunted the Sam for years and I found an area that produced big bucks consistently. My 'area' started at about 3 miles in to about 4 miles in, down a nice road I could bicycle back and forth. Before each season started, I would use my deer hauling cart to bring in 3 climbing stands and a ladder stand along with a couple of cases of Gatorade/water. I also had two carts and I would hide each in the woods as well as my stands, cept the ladder stand which I placed in a way out of the way spot, with a cable lock. I would relocate the climbing stands throughout the season as needed, so there was no real lugging in and out of heavy stands each hunt, and the fluids were always nearby. The first time my girlfriend (now my beautiful wife) hunted with me, I asked her if she was thirsty. I walked about 30 yards into the woods and came out with two bottles of Gatorade. She thought that was the greatest thing and says I'm like a squirrel. As far as a backpack, I used a regular sized backpack because I didn't carry a lot to begin with. Hope this helps.

SB

Comment

I forgot to mention that I hid the climbing stands on the ground under leaves and sticks after each hunt. I never had a stand stolen.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
                          Hey guys, this is going to be my 2nd year hunting public land. I learned a lot this past season especially with starting so late. I had bought academy branded climbing sticks and tree stand and learned very fast that I HATED them because they were so heavy and didn't pack easy. When I hike in for a hunt I generally walk as far in as I can before hanging my stand so I'm looking at purchasing the lonewolf assault 2 and some hawk helium sticks. My question is about backpacks to carry everything in. I have a cheap backpack now and plan to upgrade and have been looking at the badlands super day pack and some cabelas branded one but was open to suggestions on other packs that would work well and help me beable to carry in the essential snacks, water and hunting gear. Thanks for any info!

I run a kifaru or stone glacier frame with a meat shelf or grab it and love the way it works. Also
                          Works great to haul deer out with. Pricy, but lasts and can use for western hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitka Tool Bucket is designed to sandwitch a treestand and sticks inside it.
                            [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqXdvoOq6ro"]Lone Wolf Alpha with Hawk Helium Climbing Sticks and Sitka Tool Bucket - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Kifaru styker. It’s $ but you will never need to buy again and you can use it out west.

Comment

Working...
                              X