• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should make the owners put a muzzle
    on the dog when in a store.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      I’ve never understood dogs in Lowe’s. I shouldn’t have to avoid an unpredictable looking Doberman while browsing stainless steel locking washers!!!
      So I wonder what a dog bite would be worth if someone's psycho dog left his dental print on someone's leg? ...and who'd pay? Dog owner, Lowe's for lettin' em in or both? Heaven forbid a kid tried to play with one and got bit. Just curious.. Other than actual service dogs, I don't care how awesome someone's dog is and don't care to see it when I'm shopping or eating.

Comment

I agree with everyone who has posted above. No dogs are allowed in grocery stores - it's illegal unless they are a true service dog. Now that I have said that, I will bring my dog into a hardware store or TSC if it's hot outside. But my dogs are very well behaved and many people don't even notice them. When I stop to find something, they lay down against the shelving unit and don't move no matter who walks by. Most people that know my dogs will say they rarely see children behave better.
        If I had a dog that acted any differently, I would be too embarrassed to bring them in a public place. Too many people are scared of dogs (and many for good reason) or are allergic to them. I don't need any of that liability.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
          So I wonder what a dog bite would be worth if someone's psycho dog left his dental print on someone's leg? ...and who'd pay? Dog owner, Lowe's for lettin' em in or both? Heaven forbid a kid tried to play with one and got bit. Just curious.. Other than actual service dogs, I don't care how awesome someone's dog is and don't care to see it when I'm shopping or eating.
          Probably about the same as them allowing stupid people to drive in their parking lot. Not much, you'd go after the owner and hope what you need $$ wise gets covered.

Comment

People with dogs

We’ve got 3 dachshunds. They don’t hunt, track or do anything other than eat, **** and ****. Wife and I don’t have kids. We love em. That being said, we don’t take their asses out to the store or anywhere else other than vet and park every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
              I agree with everyone who has posted above. No dogs are allowed in grocery stores - it's illegal unless they are a true service dog. Now that I have said that, I will bring my dog into a hardware store or TSC if it's hot outside. But my dogs are very well behaved and many people don't even notice them. When I stop to find something, they lay down against the shelving unit and don't move no matter who walks by. Most people that know my dogs will say they rarely see children behave better.
              If I had a dog that acted any differently, I would be too embarrassed to bring them in a public place. Too many people are scared of dogs (and many for good reason) or are allergic to them. I don't need any of that liability.
              I took mine into Lowe’s a couple times but like yours, she was very well behaved.
              I only did it on occasion if we happened to be on the road together.

Comment

Not in favor of dogs in any stores. Period

My first thought is "where is your sign".

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I have dogs. In general I like dogs. But I have no love for people who take their dogs to stores and restaurants. I've been snapped at by multiple dogs in carts, jumped on by very friendly dogs and listened to some bark incessantly the whole time.
                  I especially can't stand it at Home Depot and Lowes cocking their leg and whizzing on merchandise and today a pitbull dropped a deuce in the plumbing isle.
                  Go on and dog pile on me (pun intended) for this point of view. But it's just ridiculous.

Gary

Where do you live? I go to HD or Lowes 3 to 4 times a week. I see a dog maybe 1 out 20 visits. Never have they bothered me or caused problems. You seem to attack bad dogs.

Comment

1st stores do not want liability to say if a dog is a Service dog or not due to fear of complaints. To be clear, Dogs and other pets Love me and I have owned a many (or they owned me). I am retired and work part time. Made me sick some of the behavior of dogs and owners and cleaning up after miss pretty woman's Sheppard. I oppose animals unneeded in any store. And I was bit two times once cranking a motorcycle (private land) and a Bull Dog grabbed me and bit thru my boots. Did not like the cranking sound I guess. Forgiven. Another was a cool bird dog hiding under a lumber pile on my job site owned by some sonny beach. I spooked him and he bit me several times. No No No. keep your dog out of regular public spaces or have extra high level skills and reason. I have been snarled at at Lowes, stepped over shi@ at Heb. Simple subject. Not a service dog NO or a location specific to allowing and clearly posted to have such a policy which is OK with me as I was forwarned.
                    Last edited by toomuchsun; 04-06-2020, 05:10 PM. Reason: Incomplete info

Comment

I have no problem with dogs in stores where they are allowed. I have a problem with irresponsible dog owners that never train their dogs or clean up after them. I will gladly take some of my dogs into stores that allow them but that is due to extensive obedience work. They remain at heel or sit throughout the trip while inside the store. If at anytime they start to act up I will gladly drop what I’m doing and return them to the kennel in the truck. I train dogs often, ranging from retrievers to various service dogs, so I use this time for socialization and furthering there obedience training with distractions present. I also know which dogs I can do this with and which ones I can’t. Again it goes back to responsible ownership versus just dogs in general. I look at it the same way I look at out of control kids. It’s not the out of control kid I’m unhappy with, it’s the irresponsible parent that doesn’t teach there kid how to act in public. Now the whole fake service animal thing is a completely different cluster of a situation. They need to create a legitimate registration process for service dogs and trainers. This way anyone trying to pass a dog off as a service animal can be significantly punished for it. Their actions create nothing but additional hardships to those that actually need service animals.

Comment

or on planes. This "emotional support animal" bs has to stop.

I'm surprised stores allow pets inside. Somebody gets tore up by a customer's dog inside a Lowe's is gonna sue.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          ...as a dog owner I am so glad I haven't seen any of that nonsense. I feel the whole support animal deal has become a debacle.
                          Can we squeeze in handicap parking somewhere in this debacle rant?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                            Where do you live? I go to HD or Lowes 3 to 4 times a week. I see a dog maybe 1 out 20 visits. Never have they bothered me or caused problems. You seem to attack bad dogs.
                            I use the Lake Worth location mostly. But White Settlement and Fort Worth/ Basswood are also locations I use.

Gary

Comment

If Plumbing Isle is somewhere in the Bahamas I'm OK with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                ...as a dog owner I am so glad I haven't seen any of that nonsense. I feel the whole support animal deal has become a debacle.
                                Emotional Support Animals are way more than a debacle. Luckily the US department of transportation is currently looking at the guidelines including ESA and what actually constitutes a service animal.

Comment

Working...
                                X