No announcement yet.

Turning our cabin into our new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be doing something similar this summer. What type of wood are you using for the walls? I enclosed my patio last year and used tin and cedar fence pickets for walls. I thought it turned out pretty good, however is was a small area. My cabin will be similar style as yours Barn shape however my front door will be on one end with a covered porch. Yours is looking good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by texan4ut; 12-26-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
      I will be doing something similar this summer. What type of wood are you using for the walls? I enclosed my patio last year and used tin and cedar fence pickets for walls. I thought it turned out pretty good, however is was a small area. My cabin will be similar style as yours Barn shape however my front door will be on one end with a covered porch. Yours is looking good.
      It's pine shiplap from Home Depot.

Comment

Well we got our house on the market. Been working on the main house and guest house for 2 months. Will be getting back to the cabin next weekend hopefully!

https://www.century21.com/property/4...-AXZCjcQth_oDI

Comment

Awesome when a plan comes together like that.

Comment

any updates on this ?????

Comment

Originally posted by dharris View Post
              We put this cabin on our property about 2 years ago. Been working on it slowly but now we are speeding up the process because when our oldest son is done with high school in a year and a half we are going to move out here for a couple of years and get completely out of debt and then go from there. Anyway thought I would post some pics from start to finish. These pics are old and I will put some new ones next weekend. Almost have all the electrical roughed in and will be framing on the bedroom and bathroom next. Also will have a small deck on the front and a 12x32 covered deck on the back and an additional uncovered 10x32 extending out from that. Already have water and electricity and a 20 foot storage container. Will be really nice when done and can"t wait to finish it up finally.
              How wide is your cabin?
              I take it that it is 32' long
              How wide is it?
              What are the dimensions of your loft area?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                any updates on this ?????
                Sorry I have not posted in a while. We sold our house and closed on April 26th. Been out here for 2 months and absolutely love it! Been super busy and will try and post some new pics soon. My oldest son graduated high school and we have been to Florida for his graduation present to go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  How wide is your cabin?
                  I take it that it is 32' long
                  How wide is it?
                  What are the dimensions of your loft area?
                  Cabin is 12 feet wide and one loft is 10 foot and one is 12 foot.

Comment

Any new updates/pics to show ?

Comment

Originally posted by dharris View Post
                      Sorry I have not posted in a while. We sold our house and closed on April 26th. Been out here for 2 months and absolutely love it! Been super busy and will try and post some new pics soon. My oldest son graduated high school and we have been to Florida for his graduation present to go fishing.

Apologies I didn’t see my post from yesterday.... I thought it didn’t post. Anyway, thanks and will be looking for the new pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
                        We built something almost identical last year south of you. Feel free to hit me up with anything. There was also a thread recently about a guy selling his place by rocksprings and he had a decent solar pannel and rain water catch system built. He might have some decent ideas too.

Where did you get that skirting?

Comment

If anyone needs something to catch rain water in this may be a great option. Make me an offer.

Comment

In for update pics on this awesome place.
                            Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Well finally figured out how to add pics from my phone only took me 6 months. Been doing tons of work out at the place. Mostly clearing cedar and improving water pipes and blinds and tripods. Worked on putting up one of the half walls for one side of the loft today. Just need to find some wider trim for the top and the sides of the opening. My son has been helping out a ton since he is home from college because of the virus crap. He was able to get a cow elk last week with his bow which was awesome and also a ton of work! Lol.

Comment

Got the other side done on one side and some mounts hung up. We have way to many mounts! Still have 10 with no where to put them.

Comment

Working...
                                X