The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .270 View Post
    Huge fan of HMcK! Oldest aged stated BIB on the market great stuff and a great price. Love what Heaven Hill puts out there.
    I also like a lot of what Heaven Hill puts out. Other than the Henry McKenna, I really like Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (getting harder to find for me) and most of the Elijah Craig Store Picks I have found lately, Larceny, and occasionally Evan Williams (especially when I a feeling nostalgic for college and that was all I could afford). The one I really don't like is their namesake bourbon with the white and green label. It is almost undrinkable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
      I also like a lot of what Heaven Hill puts out. Other than the Henry McKenna, I really like Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (getting harder to find for me) and most of the Elijah Craig Store Picks I have found lately, Larceny, and occasionally Evan Williams (especially when I a feeling nostalgic for college and that was all I could afford). The one I really don't like is their namesake bourbon with the white and green label. It is almost undrinkable for me.
      I have yet to lay hands or eyes on EC Barrel Proof. Can't seem to get it down here in San Antonio.

Comment

I have yet to lay hands or eyes on EC Barrel Proof. Can't seem to get it down here in San Antonio.
        It’s my favorite right now. Unfortunately whiskey advocate named it the #1 bourbon of the year so it has now become hard to get. I’ve been finding it for around $60 and it’s. Great bottle at that price, good amount of heat

I love the EC small batch too, might be replacing eagle rare as my favorite since it’s $26 and in Fort Worth a lot of stores are starting to mark up eagle rare

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          It’s my favorite right now. Unfortunately whiskey advocate named it the #1 bourbon of the year so it has now become hard to get. I’ve been finding it for around $60 and it’s. Great bottle at that price, good amount of heat

I love the EC small batch too, might be replacing eagle rare as my favorite since it’s $26 and in Fort Worth a lot of stores are starting to mark up eagle rare
          For good heat at a great price and readily available, (like for today after this arctic blast) I really like Rare Breed by Wild Turkey. Great flavor and heat. Bookers is good, and I have been milking a bottle of Stagg Jr for a while now.

Comment

For good heat at a great price and readily available, (like for today after this arctic blast) I really like Rare Breed by Wild Turkey. Great flavor and heat. Bookers is good, and I have been milking a bottle of Stagg Jr for a while now.
            I finished off my last of Stagg Jr on Christmas. Bookers is good but I’ve never had rare breed, will have to check it out

Comment

Keeping me warm by the fire.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wild turkey in general doesn't get near the recognition it deserves (imo). 101 is really the only value left in most stores (sub $30). Eagle rare @$27-$30 was... but is$43-$47 now ( not that quality)

The rare breed is a little too hot for me neat I like it on ice though!

I'm having a little weller 12 myself

Comment

[QUOTE=Low Fence;13060339]Wild turkey in general doesn't get near the recognition it deserves (imo). 101 is really the only value left in most stores (sub $30). Eagle rare @$27-$30 was... but is$43-$47 now ( not that quality)

The rare breed is a little too hot for me neat I like it on ice though!

I'm having a little weller 12 myself[/QUOTE

Agree 1000% about Wild Turkey. I have about 35 bottles, with the rarest being Weller 12, and 101 never lasts very long when I pick one up. It stays at the front of the line. I have to hide it from myself in the cabinet.

Comment

Ran across some eagle rare at Costco before Christmas for $24. Bought a bottle. Really good whiskey.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                      Ran across some eagle rare at Costco before Christmas for $24. Bought a bottle. Really good whiskey.
                      That's a great price. I have a hard time getting ER but over Christmas I walked into a Pinkies in San Angelo and they had 10 bottles on the shelf at $32/per!!!!

Comment

Guess tonight is as good a night as any to break out the Johnny Blue or Blantons. Officially in for the rest of tonight so may need to add some High west to my coffee

Comment

That's a great price. I have a hard time getting ER but over Christmas I walked into a Pinkies in San Angelo and they had 10 bottles on the shelf at $32/per!!!!
                          Eagle Rare and Weller Antique 107 seem to be readily available for good prices in West Texas. Every time I go home to Lubbock, I always stock up with a couple of bottles of each.

Comment

I passed up buying a bottle of rare breed yesterday. Was working and hit 3 specs while on the road looking for a handful of bottles I'd like to have I'm out of. Saw the rare breed and didn't grab it but have heard great things about it. I'm at home tonight, wife's putting kid to bed now then we're going to watch a movie and bring in new years like old people lol I'm relaxing with a lil makers 46 right now. It's been my go to lately when I'm not mixing anything

Comment

My drink for the evening

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                                My drink for the evening

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very nice choice. I love the Maker's 46. I picked up this Maker's Mark Private Reserve yesterday. First time trying it. It's a good pour!!!

The Sinatra is amazing also. My buddy's wife gave it to him when he promoted to LT.

Both great pours and I see it being a great year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X