No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widow Jane 10 yr is good stuff. But the 12 yr is really good stuff.

Comment

Good Night

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
      Nice! Hows that widow jane and Bulliet rye?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Bulleit 12 year Rye and 1792SB (with ice) were the winners for the night.
      Michtner's and Widow Jane were tied for third.
      We had four of us tasting and all liked Bulleit or 1792 the best. I found 1792 to be OK, but really good with one ice cube. YRMV

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
        I finally found some dang Blantons! At retail, so now I have some trade bait if anyone is interested. I have 4 for trade.

[ATTACH]954001[/ATTACH]

I’m interested in trading retail price for retail pricing on some I can’t find and haven’t tried including:

Weller 12
        Weller 107
        John J. Bowman Single Barrel

And maybe some others that keep coming up for discussion around here...
        I’m in Temple and have a pretty flexible schedule to meet up with fellow TBH guys
        I will trade you a brand new unopened bottle of John J. Bowman Single Barrel for one of those Blantons.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
          I will trade you a brand new unopened bottle of John J. Bowman Single Barrel for one of those Blantons.

I’m in. Ever make it towards Temple? I was just in Bryan on Monday but don’t know the next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            Not sure I could be in the right area anytime soon for you but I have some extra Weller 107. I’ll be headed through San Antonio and to Houston first of May

Understandable. I don’t make it that far south very often.

Comment

Trying Angels Envy Finished Rye for the first time tonight.

Comment

Gentlemen -

im obviously very late to this thread - which brings me to my question:

Is Scotch an "unmentionable" to you fellas?

I started drinking Scotch recently and have found that I currently enjoy it much more than the bourbons and whisky I have sampled

Is anyone else in here a Scotch drinker?

Comment

Trying Angels Envy Finished Rye for the first time tonight.

I didn’t like it. Many do. Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    I didn’t like it. Many do. Let us know.

We really like it. It’s different. Smells strong of salted Carmel popcorn. Taste is similar with a little burn. I can easily see why it’s not liked by some though. It’s in our win category.

Comment

We really like it. It’s different. Smells strong of salted Carmel popcorn. Taste is similar with a little burn. I can easily see why it’s not liked by some though. It’s in our win category.

Right on. You did motivate me to pour an Angel’s Envy I do like!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        It dont take long to look like this. Over ice. Just over ice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                        I’m a huge tequila fan. In the summer I switch off bourbon almost completely and drink tequila neat. Don Julio and Azul are my go to. The store has been trying to push this on me for awhile. Has mixed reviews but after your post I bought it......

I’ve honestly drank better from plastic.... and didn’t pay $65 for it. I can get rid of it making margaritas but it ain’t for me. My mouth taste like I ate a flower... that soaked in Jose quervo gold

If you enjoy sipping tequila that you can actually find: Don Julio (any variety) I prefer anejo and 70 over 1942... which is great also just overpriced. Azul is even better but can be hard to find. Patron is for mixing

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                          Great pour for the price!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          Not usually a huge fan of rye (although I do like Thomas H. Handy and Kentucky Owl Rye), but I picked up a bottle of the OF Rye today. Figured it wouldn't be a big reach if I didn't like it, since it is only $23.

Comment

I’m in. Ever make it towards Temple? I was just in Bryan on Monday but don’t know the next time.
                            Temple isn't far. My people are from Temple and Rogers and Buckholtz. I need to get up that way. Worse comes to worse we ought to be able to meet one weekend (after turkey season) near Cameron and swap them.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                              Not usually a huge fan of rye (although I do like Thomas H. Handy and Kentucky Owl Rye), but I picked up a bottle of the OF Rye today. Figured it wouldn't be a big reach if I didn't like it, since it is only $23.
                              It’s stupid good.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                I’m a huge tequila fan. In the summer I switch off bourbon almost completely and drink tequila neat. Don Julio and Azul are my go to. The store has been trying to push this on me for awhile. Has mixed reviews but after your post I bought it......

I’ve honestly drank better from plastic.... and didn’t pay $65 for it. I can get rid of it making margaritas but it ain’t for me. My mouth taste like I ate a flower... that soaked in Jose quervo gold

If you enjoy sipping tequila that you can actually find: Don Julio (any variety) I prefer anejo and 70 over 1942... which is great also just overpriced. Azul is even better but can be hard to find. Patron is for mixing
                                Goodness do we have different tastes. I flat love the stuff. I have had Jose Quervo Gold, and they are not similar - even with a flower.

Comment

Working...
                                X