Black Widow vs Bob Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Widow vs Bob Lee

Hello everyone. Been getting back into shooting traditional lately and looking for a new bow for a change. Currently have Sarrels Ridgecat recurve 60” - 50 lbs at 28”. It shoots good and I used to own a nice Sarrels Blueridge as well. But the grip on the Sarrels is low wrist to me and flat so I want to try something new with more of a high wrist grip and a beefier riser. Been looking seriously at Black Widows and Bob Lee bow. Can anyone just give their opinion or experiences on these two different bows? I’ve never shot any of the two. I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can tell you that they are both top of the line custom made bows. I own a Bob Lee and love it. I visited the shop in Jacksonville and JJ took an afternoon and guided me thru bow selection pros and cons. They were super patient and kind. I also like the fact that they are a Texas company. They are really good dudes. I have never heard a bad thing about Black Widows and I think they can be absolutely gorgeous bows. Both would be great choices. Honestly your decision will probably come down to in stock inventory or wait times on a custom bow.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andreww5001 View Post
      I can tell you that they are both top of the line custom made bows. I own a Bob Lee and love it. I visited the shop in Jacksonville and JJ took an afternoon and guided me thru bow selection pros and cons. They were super patient and kind. I also like the fact that they are a Texas company. They are really good dudes. I have never heard a bad thing about Black Widows and I think they can be absolutely gorgeous bows. Both would be great choices. Honestly your decision will probably come down to in stock inventory or wait times on a custom bow.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Great thanks for the feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Black Widow vs Bob Lee

Both are great bows. Another GREAT Texas bowyer you might look at is Primal Tech. I currently shoot a PT longbow and recurve, and they are top notch. It’s all personal preference for what each guy likes the best.

It’s best to find someone who has whatever bow you are interested in to shoot a bit and then decide which bow is the best fit for you.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Black Widow makes a fine bow. The rear limb design helps make them forgiving and easy to shoot. It also sacrifices some performance.
          Bob Lee bows have an honored reputation as well. Generally you'll be able to either one of them used online if you done want to wait on a build.

But I'm a Primal Tech guy. Solid Texas bowyer who can make that grip fit your likes. I own two hunting weight bows and have a 3D model being built.

Personally I think you'd be better off choosing between a Lee bow and a Madden bow.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can only recommend Bob LEE...Was on Deer lease with Him and his Dad 25y approx ago...Great guys

Comment

I have been hearing good things about the Primal Tech bows. Are the risers a lot different from like a Bob Lee or Sarrels? What sets them apart from the rest? The wood he uses is beautiful. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No help with Bob Lee’s but I’ve owned several Black Widows. Black Widows are great bows and their customer service is top notch. I have heard good things about Primal tech but have yet to get my hands on one. Lots of great choices these days.

Comment

My Black Widow PMA is a tack driver. It's a little louder than I like. It's not as sexy as a Primal Tech. But it just shoots too good to justify swapping it out for something else.

My buddies love their Bob Lee bows, and their Primal Techs, so I'd say you can't go wrong!

FWIW, I will always encourage guys to try out the one man operations first. Bows like PrimalTech (Randy is a member here, too), Toelke, Sarrels, etc.

Comment

I have a Palmer which is close to a Bob Lee. They shoot great.

I was at a 3D shoot several years ago and my bow limb was slightly twisted. Not a Palmer, Widow or Bob Lee. Rob Lee overheard and worked on it for several minutes. He took the twist out and it stayed out. He was very nice.

I own a Black Widow PMA 62”. It also shoots great. I believe that BW has the best shelf in the business. BW has always been great to do business with.
                    Last edited by M.E.B.; 08-18-2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Black Widow vs Bob Lee

I own 3 widow and love all of them the PSRV is my favorite grip but like the asbell grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have both. I shoot the Bob Lee. Why: sits in my hand better. Finishes the shot better. Less limb oscillation. Quieter. And the big one, Bob Lee has forward limb bolts.

Comment

Working...
                        X