Pulled the trigger on an R5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger on an R5

Been eyeing the R5 ever since it released, and I finally found a decently priced used one. I still haven't gotten to take it out for a proper test, but some quick shots around the house have been a lot of fun. The detail on these images is insane, and I think the eye focus is going to be a game changer for me. Stoked for the fall!

Sample image from one of my neighborhood deer cropped in a bit.

Eye Detail by Tyler Barron, on Flickr

Very impressive!

Comment

Your gonna need bigger storage capacity. I almost got the R5 to compliment my R6. But I opted for the 100-500 RF and the 28-70 2.8. Can’t wait to see your future shots

Comment

Your gonna need bigger storage capacity. I almost got the R5 to compliment my R6. But I opted for the 100-500 RF and the 28-70 2.8. Can’t wait to see your future shots

Comment

Not the greatest photo ever, but the conditions here were awful. After sunset with failing light, and this buck was buried behind a mass of twigs and branches and even more in the shadows.

Camera still nailed the focus when I put the small spot focus point on his eye. I don't think I would have been able to get a reliable focus with the R.

Hidden Potential Vertical by Tyler Barron, on Flickr

Comment

Congrats on the new rig, Tyler. Mirrorless is such a game changer. Been there since 2018 but had to switch from Canon at the time to do it. Enjoy and look forward to your offerings.

Comment

Awesome detail, Ive been eyeing it but the price tag is insane for doing it as a hobby was looking at hte refurbished ones on canons website maybe a better deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jbr81900 View Post
                Awesome detail, Ive been eyeing it but the price tag is insane for doing it as a hobby was looking at hte refurbished ones on canons website maybe a better deal for me.
                Question about the refurbishment ones. Does the shutter count all start over or does it leave off where the last owner left it ? Not sure what all the replace to make it refurbished

Comment

That is impressive. Nice buy. Thinking I need to get one for Dad. What's the best one in your opinion?

Comment

I got the R5 last November. Love it! Also got the RF100-500 and it is a great lens.
                    Be sure you have the most current firmware. They made some very noticeable and big improvements on eye tracking with that firmware release.
                    Coming from full frame DDLR, mirrorless is a game changer for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      Question about the refurbishment ones. Does the shutter count all start over or does it leave off where the last owner left it ? Not sure what all the replace to make it refurbished
                      That’s a great question that I never really thought about. I know it comes with the manufacturer’s warranty and you can extend the warranty as well. I was thinking about selling my 7d ii and 6d ii and putting it towards the cost of the camera.

Comment

Couple more for fun.

New Fawn2 by Tyler Barron, on Flickr

Hiding in Plain Sight by Tyler Barron, on Flickr

Comment

Wow, awesome job!

Comment

Very nice. Keep posting.

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...