must do's - Vanderpool / Utopia / Madina area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I will have a long weekend in the area for our anniversary. Plan to do some hiking in Lost Maples and catch a round of golf in the area but what are some other must do or must see things in the area?

I highly recommend Lost Maples Cafe for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LostMaples Cafe in Utopia go breakfast!!!!

The Apple Store in Medina!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

wax the tacoma!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          wax the tacoma!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It’s on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            wax the tacoma!

I don’t think you have to worry about that.

Comment

We have a deer lease in Vanderpool, but I’m really of no help. We are in such a hurry to get there and then back home we don’t do anything cool. I just like the loop drives and the scenery. I know there are some winery’s around also. There is probably enough water to float the river in Concan by now, I think they’ve finally been getting some rain.

Comment

[QUOTE=Iron Bridge;16433857]I highly recommend Lost Maples Cafe for breakfast.

For Sure this

Comment

If it's still open, Mamma Chole's in Leakey was always good grub.

Comment

Lone Star Motorcycle Museum - Open weekends from 10-5 (just south of Lost Maples)

The Laurel Tree - In Utopia and is supposed to be a fantastic place to eat, but has very limited hours (Sat only right now, requires reservation)

It's been a few years (about 12) since I've spent time in Leakey, but these two places were go-to's:

Vinny's Italian Restaurant

Mill Creek Cafe

Comment

I don’t like to leave the ranch once I get there, but always seem to be dragged somewhere.

Apple Core in Medina and Camp Verde have great lunches.
                      If have a connection, the Comanche Trace course is my favorite.
                      Best restaurant/patio view around and it’s open to the public.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Bridge View Post
                        I highly recommend Lost Maples Cafe for breakfast.

Breakfast lunch or dinner for sure.

Comment

OST in Bandera is good food and one of the oldest restaurants in Texas, Cowboy museum there is pretty cool as well.

Comment

Those are motorcycle roads. 39 from Ingram along the river then 335, 336, and 337. Hill Country State Natural Area, Lost Maples, Devil’s Sinkhole, Garner.

Comment

SIL’s friend is the chef @ Laurel Tree - highly recommend...

If river is low, hit Utopia Park for swimming & fishing.
                              Utopia also has a big farmers market on opening rifle weekend - brownie points with the wife...

Lost Maples is a must for food. You can hit Billy Bob’s in Hondo & Bill/Rosa’s Steakhouse over in D’Hanis too...

Comment

Working...
                              X